WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

How To Become a More Aggressive Website Marketer

iyazamiyazam subscriber Posts: 33
edited June 2009 in Marketing
Lets face it:  In today`s internet marketing marketplace you need to be aggressive.
Here is the method that I use when marketing my website:
There are three steps you should have in mind when marketing via social media:
- Market & share your information- Connect with your niche and re-direct them to your website- Create a community around your website
1) Create at least one article a day for your website.2) Take the link of that article - (not your homepage URL) - and post it on:- Facebook - in the "links" section- Twitter- LinkedInHere is how you should post it on your Twitter and LinkedIn status, Example:How To Market Short Term Rentals - Part 2: http://www.iyazam.com/market-short-term-rentals.html Put the title of the article before the link.3) Social Bookmarketing - Submit the link of the article to Stumbleupon, Digg, Reddit and Delicious.4) Forum Marketing
- Take the article and start a thread on a relevant forum. Get some action going with your article.5) Article Directories - Post the article on Ezinearticles.com, Searchwarp.com, Articlesbase.com etc..6) Post your article as a blog post on the various Ning.com - Social Networks that are relevant.7) Head on over to Hubpages and Squidoo. Create a hub and a lens for your article- If you stick to this method on daily basis you will begin to see results.- You want to focus on marketing and sharing your information in order
to provide value for as many people as possible. People like nice
people and people respond better when value is created for them.
- Social media marketing is all about creating results in the long run. It is all
about sticking to specific marketing system over a consisted period of
time. Most people don’t understand this.
- I am aware of the fact that Google does not like duplicate content. That`s ok. All I care about is getting traffic from within the different networks. Hope this helps!

Comments

• iyazamiyazam subscriber Posts: 33
    Of course its not for everyone. I would just add that in addition to ROI - there is also ROV - Return on Value. I personally believe that providing enough value for enough people consistently over a period of time will generate results.
  • ElementalUnityElementalUnity subscriber Posts: 3
    Now I agree with a lot of this stuff, because I do internet marketing for a profession.  But I disagree with making these posts into HubPages and Squidoo and Articles.  I love these techniques but believe that you have to use new content for them to work.
    --Elements
  • TurnTwoTurnTwo subscriber Posts: 1
    Very helpful tips thanks iyazam
  • iyazamiyazam subscriber Posts: 33
     @Mark I agree 100%. I think the its important to write as if you are talking or explaining something  to someone. A friend once recommended that the best way to write for people on the web is by first taping yourself talk and then writing down what you said.  This way it looks more personal. I think that readers can connect with the "personal" aspect in the article.
  • columbiah20columbiah20 subscriber Posts: 0
    I like your points!

One added benefit that I think that is being overlooked is the value of creating many external links to your site.  If one was to follow your model, linking to 10 blogs, forums, or whatever, per day times 30 days is 300 links.  Over a year, 3600 (plus the exponential links from the discussion surrounding the articles that you write.)

From what I`ve been told, the search engines like that and it helps in organic ranking.

I think I`ll try that, and see what happens.  After all, it`s writing a brief article and pasting into the forums.

Thanks for the tip!

Carl Petite
    columbiah206/11/2009 12:24 PM
  • MaNoelMaNoel subscriber Posts: 0
    Now I agree with a lot of this stuff, ...  But I disagree with making these posts into HubPages and Squidoo and Articles.  I love these techniques but believe that you have to use new content for them to work.
    --Elements

Nope ... the content does not necessarily have to be new in order for it to work. 
    I`m just learning about this.
    It could also be re-purposed or re-spun content sometimes using PLR Articles or other sources.  Among those who use it extensively, it`s known as "Article Marketing". 
    - M. Noel
  • pavel1234pavel1234 subscriber Posts: 0
    Thanks to iyazam and following his advice I started getting more traffic to my blog. One question though:  You are suppose to target your market and create a tribe around your web site. But using Twitter, Facebool, MyFace you might be targeting a large audience, but are you targeting the right market?
    Also, Hubs don`t publish your articles if you`ve published them somewhere before.
    Last, how exactly does Delicious work ?
  • ThapreelAlamThapreelAlam subscriber Posts: 8 Member