WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Insurance Agency

RodsterRodster subscriber Posts: 1
edited August 2011 in New Member Welcome
Hi everyone,
I am considering starting an Independent Insurance Agency and was wondering if any of you know of anyone that has opened an agency lately and how did they go about getting appointed with the companies they represent.

Comments

• Options
    nevadasculnevadascul subscriber Posts: 3 Member
    A lot of insurance agents are independent contractors.  Talk to your local agent and see what he has to say. 
  • Options
    Solutions4MeSolutions4Me subscriber Posts: 0
    Hello,
    That is a great idea to start your own agency. It is one of the best recession proof businesses today. But, it is not one without challenges and takes focus and dedication to succeed.
    Oue company may be of interest to you, since we can get you appointed with MANY large companies all at once. With lots of trainiing and support available to you as you begin your own business.
    Please contact me and we can go over the other challend=ges associated with this business and answer any questions you may have.
    Visit my website when you have a minute...then email me.
  • Options
    ChristinaChristina subscriber Posts: 6
    Unfortunately, don`t have the information you are looking for, but welcome anyway
  • Options
    leonardyurileonardyuri subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi everyone! I'm a newbie here as well and hope to be a good participant and follower of this forum. A friend told me that it's really interesting to be part of this site that's why I signed up and I'm looking forward to be active in this forum particularly in some topics that interests me most. Thanks. Hope I'm welcome!