WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

SuN Member Press Release

keyconkeycon subscriber Posts: 34
edited May 2006 in Public Relations
Congrats to Kim Banks and her company The Pet Set!
Kim probably wouldn`t tell us about this but I ran across this PR this evening on her and her company. Kudos - well done. Hope you have a successful show, Kim!
http://www.prleap.com/pr/35130/</A>
R@

Comments

• keyconkeycon subscriber Posts: 34
    Kim asked me privately how I ran across her PR. Instead of replying privately, I decided to post my reply for all. I have discussed this before on this forum, but since we have added a great number of new members since then, it is worth repeating.
    I use several news services to "push" info to me on subjects I am interested in. Kim knows I am not in the gift or pet industry, so why would I monitor them? Actually, I have a couple of pet toy ideas that are on the middle burners percolating. So, a few years ago, I set up a news alert on Google news to feed "pet industry" news to my email box. I follow that industry along with many others I have an interest in. Low and behold, in a Google news alert last night, there`s the PR on Kim and Pet Set. Magic (not really).
    Anyone can set up a Google news alert at http://news.google.com</A> on any subject. Keep in mind, the broader the key words, the broader the search results. It can become overwhelming - just set your prefrences to how often you want the news sent to you. It`s a great way to have info pushed to you so you can keep up with what is going on in your selected fields of interest.
    R@
    PS - One more thing. I also thought that Kim`s PR is a shinning example of how one can get free publicity through the online PR distribution services. Sharing examples of success helps everyone here at SuN. 
  • watergalwatergal subscriber Posts: 10 Bronze Level Member
    Hi Kim
    Very impressive, I must say!
    Good for you

jo
  • VickiJVickiJ subscriber Posts: 6
    Excellent, Kim! You`re inspirational. Did you write that yourself or did they write it for you? How does it work?
  • davennydavenny subscriber Posts: 2
  • Cre8iveOneCre8iveOne subscriber Posts: 11
    Way 2 go, Kim!  Awesome!