WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Trend Watching

keyconkeycon subscriber Posts: 34
edited May 2006 in Selecting a Business
An interesting site for entreprenuers to monitor is http://www.trendwatching.com/</A>. You can sign up for their newsletters, too. A great source to be on the leading edge of emerging trends and technology.
Be sure to type in some key words in their "Trend Database" search box on the home page. Since we have some scrapbookers on the SuN forum, I typed in the word "scrapbooks" and came across an article about "life caching" - takes a look at all the new ways people are capturing their life events. I find these type of articles cause me to ponder things in a different light sometimes. You never know, you might run across a trend or new idea that works well with something you are already pursuing.
Worth a looksie.
R@

Comments

• Options
    davennydavenny subscriber Posts: 2
    Thanks for the links, I like trendwatching.com, I am having a little
    trouble understanding google trends.  Are these search query
    trends or trend reports?

Any additional info would be helpful and appreciated.
  • Options
    keyconkeycon subscriber Posts: 34
    Erik - Trendwatching.com is based mostly on reports from trend spotters around the world - people like you who have joined and make reports - then the staff does follow up and in-depth reporting on what they find out. Newsletters are very interesting and entertaining - IMHO.
    R@