WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Valpak Direct Marketing

SunrisemgmtSunrisemgmt subscriber Posts: 1
edited April 2007 in Marketing
Does anyone have experience marketing through valpak.com?  If so, I would be grateful if you could share your experience (what worked, what didn`t, etc.).If you haven`t advertised through valpak mailers, I am also interested in customer feedback.  Example: If you receive these mailers every month, do you even bother opening it and scanning the content?  The customer segmentation is very attractive and seems like a worthwhile partnership.  Seems like would need to do tons of market research (test messaging, design) and conduct pilots before I could expand the campaign to get the best bang for the buck.Thanks!
Sunrisemgmt2007-4-7 17:12:7

Comments

• Options
    SunrisemgmtSunrisemgmt subscriber Posts: 1
    Great.  Open to other suggestions.  I`ve also been experimenting with online marketing (i.e., free online classifieds, online chat boards, squidoo).  
  • Options
    omupasomupas subscriber Posts: 7
    I haven`t used Valpak for marketing purposes as it probably wouldn`t be the most efficient for the business I am in.  However, as a consumer, it`s a hit or miss thing.  Sometimes the whole envelope gets thrown out and other times I`ll quickly scan through it.  The one`s I tend to use are coupons for restaurants/food.  I like to eat haha.  Seriously though, I`ve noticed that for some industry types that advertise in Valpak there seem to be 3-4 coupons/ads for the same industry.  Depending on what you are marketing, it may be a good source, especially if you are a unique business type within the mailer.  Just like print media in magazines, I`m sure it`ll take a couple of runs with Valpak before you can do any major analysis on it`s effectiveness for your business.
  • Options
    EBizAlanEBizAlan subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    Also keep in mind, it`s usually housewives that look through these val-paks...you may want to cater to the female crowd.  To make yourself stand out, you may want to study some copywriting and put an overt attention grabbing headline