WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Bringing Myself outta Blues. Got some clues?

vapourlockvapourlock subscriber Posts: 4
edited November 2006 in Selecting a Business

Life is good. Eh?
Been working hard, but then, my job doesn`t make me feel complete. There is something misisng.
I have been contemplating a lot of part-time business ideas but failed to arrive at anything gr8. However, I am a writer and have been one for quite sometime now. I wanted to make that hobby earn for me. This serves me quite ok, in bits and pieces, a few saturdays and sundays. If I do this, I am self-employed.
I wanted to start and run a business. I am just not able to get something off and running.

Huba huba....

Comments

• EBizAlanEBizAlan subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    Why don`t you freelance yourself as a ghost writer, copywriter, SEO or whatever style you write at:
    1.  www.guru.com</A>
    2.  www.elance.com</A>
    3.  www.freelance.com</A>
    Put yourself up for hire, determine your rates, and get some money coming in!  I`m not a writer, but there a lot of people who are making good money doing that on the side.
    Hope that helps.
  • vapourlockvapourlock subscriber Posts: 4
    Hey Craig and Alan,
    Thanks a ton for responding.
    I have been writing for quite a few clients, but then, I am not sure where my next paycheck comes from. Now, that`s something every freelancer goes through?
    I know I am being ridiculous, but sometimes, my confidence fails me. I once visited elance and guru, I found that perhaps, I am not upto it.
    I keep saying I tried. I am not sure if I really did. I am not even sure if my writing is upto the mark. I don`t know how much to charge for my services, while I am aware that there is a lot of information online.
    I am not moving, am I?
    I have a feeling: It`s all about attitude, I am yet to wear one.
  • vapourlockvapourlock subscriber Posts: 4
    CraigL,
    If Pumping in confidence unto others ought to have been priced and sold here, you could have been rich. Very very rich.
    Guess what I did after I read your post. Signed up on a few freelancing sites, created a proposal with samples of my previous work thrown in and shot them across to all those businesses and SEO`s who are looking for my services.
    As they come by, I will grow.
    Thanks a ton for everything.
    Ash
  • strongbusinesscreditstrongbusinesscredit subscriber Posts: 1

If you realy wont to try geting your business off the grond try going to STRONGBUSINESSCREDIT.COM and see if they can help you they helped me a lot
    Life is good. Eh?
    Been working hard, but then, my job doesn`t make me feel complete. There is something misisng.
    I have been contemplating a lot of part-time business ideas but failed to arrive at anything gr8. However, I am a writer and have been one for quite sometime now. I wanted to make that hobby earn for me. This serves me quite ok, in bits and pieces, a few saturdays and sundays. If I do this, I am self-employed.
    I wanted to start and run a business. I am just not able to get something off and running.

Huba huba....
  • JWDesignCenterJWDesignCenter subscriber Posts: 1
    Just wanted to add in a few things....
    First off, most freelancers have the same confidence issues... especially when it comes to paychecks.  But if you market yourself and plan accordingly there are ways to not worry quite so much.  When I first started I was a one woman show... and I figured out how many websites or logos I had to do each month in order to make my paychecks.  Then I strived for that (it was actually very doable at the time).  Then I just kept increasing my goals, learning as I went along.  Now I`m a full time operation with my own employees and we`re looking at buying an office space (instead of wasting money with renting).  I still have confidence issues to this day, but when it comes down to it, on those days when I can`t speak for myself, my work does the speaking for me.  My clients are clients for life, they are my paychecks yes, but they have also become my friends.  If they fail, then I`ve failed my job.  You seem to have a lot of heart... use it and I think you will do very well.
    Keep us posted and remember.... smile!