WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

New member from Cleveland, OH

littlefaceslittlefaces subscriber Posts: 1
edited March 2009 in New Member Welcome
Little Faces here, from Cleveland. I`ve been at my homebased business for almost
three years now, diligently making...little faces! It`s "niche" jewelry to be sure. Fun,
inspired by my love of `50`s robots and designed for adults to wear. I`m an artist first,
which means that I still have everything to learn about running a business and getting
my brand out there. I`ve done some craft shows (mostly local) and am learning more
each year about good shows/bad shows. So far, shows have been a crazy amount
of work for very little return. I want to develop an e-commerce site, and have been
wondering if etsy.com would be worthwhile for me to venture into. Then there is the
wholesale/trade show/ rep route to consider. It`s only me making my jewelry. I sure would like to turn a profit without turning my studio into a night and day sweatshop, though hard work is fine with me.  Any words of wisdom or guidance out there? I love the idea of homebased business, but sometimes I feel as though I`m operating in
a total vacuum, and following my own advice too much leads me to an unproductive dead end!

Comments