WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Idea to Business

CSPURGEONCSPURGEON subscriber Posts: 10
edited November 2008 in Selecting a Business
At what point do I take an idea and make it into a business? I am one of those people who has a lot of ideas but just cannot find the right one. So I guess my question is, how did you pick your "one" idea and run with it? Did you have to mold your business to current day trends or did your business go a totally different way than what you thought? 

Comments

• SlowCookerMateSlowCookerMate subscriber Posts: 1
    I am one of those people also.  I have always had ideas but never pursued any of them.  When I decide to launch Slow Cooker Mate, I just knew deep down inside that this was my passion. 
    Only you can answer your passion.

Best of luck. 
  • WebJunkyWebJunky subscriber Posts: 8 Member
    well said daniel....

successul entrepreneurs have one thing in common. they are all able to maintain focus.  a common trait in entrepreneurs is the dilemma you are having. we are scatterbrained by nature and are often pulled in various directions. our minds wander and are far outreaching. we get spread so thin that we get nothing done.

pick one that you like best and believe in most, put on the blinders, focus and work away. true magic happens when you are able to dedicate all your energy to your endeavor. that builds momentum and momentum yields results.

don`t fear failure. its not possible to fail. you will either materialize your idea or learn something from your experience.  regardless, maintain your focus! one at a time.
  • THMBJINCTHMBJINC subscriber Posts: 2
    looking for a manfacturing company that works with bath towels, bath mats, shower curtain, the works, a company that works with high quailty materials.  I have found some companies however the cost is putting me through the mill

Thanks
  • flyemhighrocketsflyemhighrockets subscriber Posts: 1
    The ebay is a great idea i too started items on ebay and amazon first with the idea that if it sells in these 2 market places it will also work else where. The amazon adding to the website has been a huge shot of revenue for our company so you might want to try them and see if it works for you also. That is a great idea about something you are passionate and determined about and if you have any setback just get abck up dust yourself off and keep moving forward.
  • RetiredMember5RetiredMember5 subscriber Posts: 0
    Have you tested to market to make sure that someone would buy your idea and that there is a need for such idea?  If not, then it truly is just an idea and not a business.  Check out our FREE entrepreneur guide that addresses this very issue, among other things.