WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

HELP NAMING MY DANCE FITNESS CENTER

ladyleatherneckladyleatherneck subscriber Posts: 1
edited August 2007 in Business Planning
Hey Guys,
well everyday I`m getting closer to my dream!....but i`m kinda hesitant on the name...We will have dances for all ages (and all levels, from the left footed to the smooth dancers),  but not the traditional styled dances. These are going to be based on cardiovascular and body toning training, I will also have belly dancing and capoeira classes as well. Most of the dancing is based on Latin rythms.....FUN FUN FUN!!!......I was thinking about Revolution Fitness, or Alyphora Dance Fitness Center, or Fussion Fitness I dont know I am stuck!! Help
 ladyleatherneck2007-8-28 14:33:49

Comments

• ladyleatherneckladyleatherneck subscriber Posts: 1
    hey tikki ...yeah i like that one too, i combined my daughter`s names Alyssa Sephora...but my fam and friends dont like it....I like the one it sounds it`s unique.....
  • GrillCharmerGrillCharmer subscriber Posts: 7
    Wow tikki50,they even gave out glowsticks!!??  Why isn`t that something we have here???  I would SO be there!!! 
    Ladyleatherneck, I think is such great idea.  I really do wish we had a place around here that specialized in the dance/fitness genre.  I`m leaning towards the "Fusion Fitness" for the way it sounds and just rolls off the tongue, the only thing is it doesn`t say what it is or does.  Maybe in the tag line???
    Fusion Fitness.... where dance and exercise collide
    Fusion Fitness... where dance and exercise meet
    Okay... sorry about the tangent... had a little stream of consciousness thing going there for a sec...  Too many nights w/ a glow stick!
    Keep us posted!
    yeah i was thinking about it today after i read the post, it is kinda like a tongue twister.....the fussion one is growing alot on me....hey next time you guys are in town we can have a dance off....i got the disco lights.....lol
    yeah i don think i want to put the exercise part in it cause people tend to get lazy just thinking about exercising, but the best thing about this type of work out is that it really is fun, and you dont feel like you are exercising at all
    I have been using this phrase and it seems to be working......hate to exercise but love to dance?  alot of people are like yeah I do...and the thing is it really does feel like a party,.......if you guys can think of any new names i would be very open to that too....
    I just saw the perfect place today please keep your fingers crossed for me so that everything falls through, it has great parking and the space is just perfect.....
    biting my nails!!....=)

• ToddFToddF subscriber Posts: 3
    Good luck on the space! If you have questions I`m willing to help. As you can see we`re just ahead of you on building the space out:http://www.startupnation.com/forums/7263/1/1</A>Some things that WILL be expensive: signage, painting, flooring, your probably going to want some type of dance floor and that means a hardwood, which can get very expensive, I recommend a bamboo flooring, cheapest and very durable. Planning is key on the space, go talk with the city now even before you lease and find out what requirements they want. Plan your budget and account for 20% overhead, trust me. Don`t wait around for things to get done, start now, meet with banks if you need a loan, etc. Start talking to contractors if you need work done, go meet landlord of the space, and look it through.
    FYI.... My wife is almost to the point of pulling hair out, in a few weeks she`ll be there then we open. Its a VERY exciting time and ride.
  • InvestorFundingInvestorFunding subscriber Posts: 0
    Fusion Fitness is very catchy. Go for it.
  • DwayneGarrettDwayneGarrett subscriber Posts: 1

6 Simple Steps To Naming Your Business 
    Step 1 : Try to define the qualities that you want your business to be identified with.Step 2: Find something that`s compelling about who you are and build on that vocabulary  perspective.Step 3: Take a look at some of the successful names of your competition to see if you notice any similarities and then dare to be different.Step 4: Brainstorm  5 to 10 creative names.Step 5: Research to see if those names are available.Step 6: Select a name. Set a deadline and decide on a name. If all else fails, and you just are not able to decide, hire  a naming firm and they will be able to assist you.