WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Searching for examples of industry specific business plans....

duffgirlduffgirl subscriber Posts: 1
edited March 2007 in Business Planning
Hello all!
   I am a new member and excited to have the opportunity to utilize this great tool.  The question I have is, where to find an example of an industry specific business plan.  I`m in the very beginning stages of a retail location for specialized outdoor furniture.  

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    sewkauaisewkauai subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi Duff`s girl-
    Your local SBA (Small Business Administration) is an incredible resource for connecting you with business research sources. Here in Hawaii they connected me with our local Business Research Library. The business research library does the data base searches for you and sends you the results free of charge. It is an invaluable resource and they want to help you succeed. They do all the leg work for you and they have access to an extensive business data base that is hard to access otherwise.  In Hawaii you have to meet with the SBA and they refer you, and authorize your use of the Business research library. It is all free and incredibly helpful.  I was looking for industry specific business plan samples and they sent me a number of them via email attachment. It was a huge help. Good Luck!sewkauai2007-3-17 23:30:6
  • Options
    duffgirlduffgirl subscriber Posts: 1
    Hello Sewkauai,
         And many thanks for the testimonial and words of advice.  I will most definately start there.  I truly appreciate your help!
    Mahalo!!