WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Thinking outside the box for an ad campaign

DeafCeoDeafCeo subscriber Posts: 3
edited October 2006 in Marketing
I am working on a marketing plan for my first client.

Comments

• Options
    bigpoppasanbigpoppasan subscriber Posts: 0
    I would say that around Holiday time it would make sense (particularly if the creative noted or implied this).
    Otherwise i would test it out in a less high-profile magazine first, then if results are good (and if you can measure them) move to the big O. Maybe testing it out via banner ads in a women`s interest site (such as iVillage) may make sense to test the theory.
  • Options
    espeedespeed subscriber Posts: 3 Member

I am working on a marketing plan for my first client.
  • Options
    LogoMotivesLogoMotives subscriber Posts: 15
    I think it depends on the specific product and if it is something women might buy for men - or the smaller male demographic of the magazine might purchase for themselves.A client of mine - with a business of performing non-surigical cosmetic procedures for predominately women - began running her ads in the sports section of the local newspaper.  Her male clientele has been growing ever since.  She suspects that her business will eventually be 40-50% male.  All it took was readjusting her thinking about her traditional advertising placements a bit.- J.
  • Options
    DeafCeoDeafCeo subscriber Posts: 3
    Basically it is a facial product direct to be market at men of all color who can appericate a good self-facial product.
    It is intended to be sold as an unit consisting of 3 bottles - Scrub,Washer and Moisturer.
    The concept is scrub the dirt/dead skins off your face, then use a special solution to wash your face and then moisture your face. I have tried it myself - I always request a sample when dealing with my clients. It feels so refreshing! lol
    Right now the client has put the project on hold because we miss the deadline for all the holidays issues.
    We are shooting for a Valentines Day campaign.