WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

When is animation a good idea for a website?

DesSDesS subscriber Posts: 3
edited March 2007 in Website Critique
Hi,
I`m in the process of developing a new website for some characters I`ve been working on. Does anyone know how best to use animation on a website? How long it takes to create and what kind of costs are involved?
The website is aimed a younger audience and their parents. They`re childrens characters.
Any experience or advice in this area is appreciated.
Thank you.
Des Shanahan.

Comments

• DesSDesS subscriber Posts: 3
    Thank you both for your replies.
    I thought flash might be the best medium.
    The website is to serve as an introduction to the characters for the now. There are four characters. I have a character sheet for each. I have had some artistic impressions done of them and I now wish to use the website as a means to promote a book that I am working on containing the four characters.
    At this stage a short (5-10 seconds) animation for each character along with a bio would support what I am trying to achieve. The animation is merely to introduce the characters individually with their attributes. The home page will have links to each character page where a short animation will accompany their bio. I don`t think any character interaction is neccessary at this stage.
    Would be good to have sound...
    Steve, if  you`ve any contacts that have flash experience, I`d love to speak with them. You`re on the right lines with Dora the explorer! Simple characters coupled with learn through adventure stories.
    The age bracket is the 4-8 year old group.  
    Regards,
    Des