WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

How do you initiate contact?

mikechongmikechong subscriber Posts: 2
edited September 2006 in Sales
Hi guys, I`m running an online store selling unique origami roses, and we`re targeting american and european buyers. I`m based in Malaysia.Since the roses are also available in bulk ( and we want to establish a supply chain to certain stores in the US ), i`m now cracking my head at figuring an effective way to initiate contact with the store owners. We want to be able to sell bulk roses to restaurants/hotel/wedding planner stores that need the roses - should I just use plain e-mail to initiate contact?What should i mention in the email? I`m afraid that they`ll just pass off the email as some spam from Asia. ( yes it happens )What do you guys think? I`m from outside of the US, trying to get inside the US, which isn`t easy at all i realized.

Comments

• iouone2iouone2 subscriber Posts: 14
    mikechong... One step you have already done correctly. Become an active member of the Startup Nation! Although it doesn`t create credibility, it does add to it. Your products look well made and very beautiful. Welcome to SuN.
  • mikechongmikechong subscriber Posts: 2
    thanks Vincent appreciate it
  • DrLADrLA subscriber Posts: 0
    Hello Mike -
    Have you considered hiring/contracting a direct sales person (distributor) in your target markets?  A person who can make the calls, visit the shops and attend events in a few cities in specific target areas. Or a beautiful direct mail peice that you send to gift shop owners, flower shop owners and the like?  I agree with CraigL and connecting with conventions that target your clientle.  I would also ad getting into catalogues that target your market.
    Dr. LA