WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Exit strategy...

cugelertcugelert subscriber Posts: 7
edited September 2006 in Startup Funding
As one who seeks funding, I`m wondering what investors look for as an exit?  What is a good exit to offer to an investor so I don`t look as if I haven`t thought that far?
Furthermore, what do investors consider a good exit structure/strategy to a deal?
Jerikcugelert2006-9-16 12:17:4

Comments

• DrLADrLA subscriber Posts: 0
    I believe it depends on the deal. 
    Are you looking for real estate investors?  A good "exit strategy" would be the payout of a completed project, with an opportunity to take their money and run or invest in the next project. 
    Are you looking for investors for an on going business?  A good exit strategy may be that after x amount of years of collecting quarterly dividends they could opt to cash in their stock in the deal.
    I hope that was clear enough for you. With a little more info I may be able to give a clear answer.
  • cugelertcugelert subscriber Posts: 7
    thanks robert and dr, it does help and clarify how I should structure an exit...jerik