WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Startup Nation: A Super Traffic Generator!

DavidJacksonDavidJackson subscriber Posts: 143 Silver Level Member
edited January 2009 in Marketing
I was just checking my blog traffic stats for the month, and I noticed something extraordinary. 39.7 percent of my traffic is coming from the Startup Nation forums.
That`s right, nearly forty percent of my traffic is coming from one website - Startup Nation.
The next closest traffic generator pulls in just under ten percent.
That means that Startup Nation pulls in 4 times more traffic than any other source.
I have to admit, those numbers surprised me.
Why? Because I`m a member of several top forums. And for SuN to outperform those other forums by such a wide margin is truly impressive. It becomes even more impressive when you consider the fact that one of the forums  that SuN is outperforming gets 10 times the traffic SuN gets, according to Alexa.
In addition, I regularly submit articles to mega article directories like EzineArticles, and ArticlesBase, that are known for their traffic-generating prowess. And SuN is blowing them away them as well.
And here`s the best news of all. SuN traffic converts into sales at a very high ratio. And isn`t that what it`s all about?
After all, what good is traffic that doesn`t convert into sales?
For those of you reading this article looking for ways to generate free traffic to your site, the Startup Nation forums are definitely worth investigating.
However, there is one huge caveat: In order to reap the rewards of all that extra traffic, you have to be an active member and participate in forum discussions. You have to give something.
After all, you don`t get all that extra traffic for doing nothing!
David Jackson
DavidJackson1/22/2009 10:38 AM

Comments