WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Selling to QVC

drvagdrvag subscriber Posts: 5
edited July 2007 in Sales
I had posted an earlier topic about selling to different channels (Retail and Catalog) and did receive some great comments.  Appreciate that.  From that discussion I am now trying to determine if selling to home shopping networks like QVC first could be the way to launch a new product and now looking for feedback specifically to this channel.
We feel this problem solver product would be perfect for QVC as it meets all of the requirements listed on their site.
After searching here on the Sun site and others including QVC.com, I have a few questions.
It appears that QVC chooses products that are not yet nationally distributed.  They want to be first.  It also appears that a product that sells on QVC will re-appear on a regular schedule of 8 minutes until the sales fall below their required $/minute.  Then they drop you.
How often do they run your product segment?
I know they require inventory at their warehouse before they run your show.  I read where they only pay you for what sells.  Is this like a consignment deal where they pay monthly for units sold?
What happens to the remaining inventory when they drop you.  Am I expected to pay the freight back?  Other charges?
Is it at this time when they drop a product that the company would move into retail and catalog channels with the logo "As seen on TV"?
How is your product received by the buyers at the Retail and Catalog channels after being sold on the home shopping networks?
QVC broadcasts into 90 million homes.  Does anyone know what percentage of this 90 million buyers typically purchase a product on average.
How is QVC to work with?
Would I sell them at the same wholesale price?
Positve or negative experiences?  Was it worth it?
Greatly appreciate any and all answers or comments.

Comments