WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

911 for the Mortgage industry - huge business opportunity?

RichRich administrator Posts: 582 Site Admin
edited January 2008 in Selecting a Business
I was contacted today by the editorial staff at Fox Business Network inquiring if anyone in our community is running a business that somehow provides value / addresses the needs of people who are stuck suffering the impact of the mortgage crisis.

[insert: sound effects of epiphany and enlightenment]

What a huge business opportunity it represents - positioning yourself/your business in some way to address the dire situation people are in these days.

Does anyone know of businesses or business ideas that are already filling this screaming need?

BTW, I`d be happy to pass along your contact info here at StartupNation to their editorial staff if it seems that you are indeed part of the solution instead of the problem...

Comments

• sagetroutsagetrout subscriber Posts: 1
    We are addressing the situation but not in the way you might think.   Instead of talking to individual borrowers we are talking to people who work in the real estate and mortgage industry who are seeking a new opportunity.   We`re seeking commercial loan/lease officers for our company to assist small and medium-sized businesses in obtaining financing. 
    It`s an outstanding opportunity complete with training, insurance, and support.   Not everyone can qualify because we require a background check. 

It`s clear that it`s going to take real estate a long time to recover and there won`t be enough business for most agents and brokers in residential real estate.  On the other hand there is growth in business lending and leasing, and with tighter lending standards at banks we can expect even more demand for our services.  

If you are interested or know someone who would be interested in exploring an opportunity in commecial lending and leasing please contact me directly.   

Best regards,