WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

estimating utility expenses

djellisdjellis subscriber Posts: 1
Hi.. I`m working on our proforma P&L and I`m kinda stumped on how to estimate the utility costs for the 60,000 sq. ft. family entertainment center that we are planning to build. Does anyone have any formulas or ideas on how to best guess this expense?

Comments

• Options
    sagetroutsagetrout subscriber Posts: 1
    This one may seem like a tough question but the place I`d start is with your utility company.   I`d ask them what it would cost to heat, cool, and light a space like this per SF.  

If they don`t have the data, they should be able to direct you to a good source of information.   Most likely department to have it would be their energy conservation unit.  

Can I ask if you have your financing in place for this deal? 
  • Options
    djellisdjellis subscriber Posts: 1
    Hi Doug, thanks for the reply. I`ll call them and see if they can help.
    And no, we don`t have our financing in place yet - that has been our biggest hurdle.  It`s hard to come up with enough equity to satisfy the lenders when it`s a $7M project, so we`re trying to find another investor(s) to help us get off the ground.  We want to open by next Aug/Sep so we`re actively looking if you happen to know anyone who can help us!

Diane
  • Options
    sagetroutsagetrout subscriber Posts: 1
    Hi Diane,

I may be able to help with one or both.  Please give me call.