WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

question

reneedreneed subscriber Posts: 4
edited June 2006 in Grab Bag

I go to devry university and I am taking small business and entrepreeurship. Is this the right way to go?  thank you renee

Comments

• iouone2iouone2 subscriber Posts: 14
    No one really knows you, "reneed," well enough to predict how well devry university will do for you. Could you rephrase your question so it is a little more specific? For example, is devry a reliable school for small business education?One thing is for sure. Schools are expensive. If you are going to get involved with schooling, make sure you are taking courses that interest you as well as guide you to a career.
  • MizzyMizzy subscriber Posts: 0
    DeVry University is a private/career college that offers undergraduate and graduate programs. The university has various locations throught the U.S. I believe their programs are shorter then "regular" universities. Taking courses at DeVry is a good idea, but just like iouone2 mention, it can become very expensive.
    http://www.devry.edu/</A>
  • NuevolutionNuevolution subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
    Reneed,Well now that you took this conversation that way... I am going to disclose something Here on "Start Up Nation"... I am a Two Time Devry Graduate, I posses a Bachelors of Science in Electronics Engineering and a Bachelors of Science in Business Administration -emphesized on Ecommerce and programming-- I think you are on the right track, but one thing you have to remember is, Devry is not for everyone... If you are someone like me that eats, drinks, and sleeps technology... you will do good, other than that I would advise you to go to a more slow paced college. Devry is fast paced and the classes are tough...
    Reneed, keep in "Mind" that just because you went to college, it does not guarantee you that money will fall from trees for you. It is simply a self-gratifying experience that will never fade.. It is an investment towards your future, So your question I think needs to be readdressed, and tell us what you are trying to accomplish with your degree and why you decided to take that degree. Good Luck, and what campus are you at? I graduated from the Pomona, CA campus and Fremont Campus.
  • theswaynestertheswaynester subscriber Posts: 15 Bronze Level Member
    Renned--If there`s anything I`ve learned from the folks at SuN, it`s that there`s no "one true path" to entrepreneurship. If that`s a word.Some go to school. Some don`t. Some work on their biz part-time. Some just jump in the pool and swim.A lot depends on who YOU are.I recommend getting to know yourself first and the business will follow.Here`s a place to learn more: http://www.startupnation.com/pages/start/index.asp</A>Hope this helps.
    The Swaynester
  • davennydavenny subscriber Posts: 2
    Dear Reneed,
    I`ve hired several people with MBA and Dr. degrees from online universities.  Unfortunately, I have had to fire every single one of them, my personal view is that it is a complete waste of your time and money.
    I will never again hire someone with an online university degree.  Part of the higher education process is who you meet in the classroom, face to face.
    I`m not trying to rain on your parade, I just want you to have my honest opinion.
    Good luck, I know you`ll be successful with whatever decision you make.