WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Teddy Bear Manufacturers

dayDreamerdayDreamer subscriber Posts: 40 Bronze Level Member
edited August 2007 in Grab Bag
Hi,
I am looking for a teddy bear manufacturer.  Does anyone have suggestions on how to find manufacturers for anything?  Also, would it be better to go with American companies or companies overseas such as the ones in China?  I`ve heard that manufacturing products in companies overseas would probably be cheaper than American companies.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks, DayDreamer

Comments

• Options
    GrillCharmerGrillCharmer subscriber Posts: 7
    Hello DayDreamer!  Check out www.toydirectory.com</A> and search by category. Hope this helps!GrillCharmer2007-8-22 15:45:48
  • Options
    DesSDesS subscriber Posts: 3
    Hi Donielle,
    Will YANCHENG send you a sample of what your toy will look like before committing to order?
    How would you rate the quote against others you`ve had?Do they ask for a minimum run?

• Options
    donielledonielle subscriber Posts: 0
    They were willing to send me a sample and I just negotiated the cost for that which was going to be about $100 (including shipping).  The minimum run that they quoted me was 1000 bears. For the type of bear that I wanted the cost was $2.60 per bear.  They also showed me the rate at 2000. I had a few other quotes and this was competitive. I have since put the project on hold, so I don`t have much more than that. One thing that I did note was the shipping rate which was much lower than what I expected.  I have never purchased and shipped from china so I am not sure what the standard rates are. Here is what they quoted me for 1000 bears.  Weight:about 300gram per each.
    Packing:36pcs packed into one big Polybag,then into Carton,Carton Measurement:63x45x58CM.
    ***1008PCS will be packed into 28Cartons.Total:336kgs,4.62CBMHope this helps!