WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Investing in Entertainment???

dayDreamerdayDreamer subscriber Posts: 40 Bronze Level Member
edited May 2012 in Growth Funding
Does anyone know anything about investing in entertainment events such as play productions, concerts, etc...?  Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
DayDreamer

Comments

• robertjrobertj subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    I can give you the name of someone who is in the intdustry and not looking for investors at this time - who might be able to help you.

Send me a PM if you want the connection
  • mattsindmattsind subscriber Posts: 0

I can give you the name of someone who is in the intdustry and not looking for investors at this time - who might be able to help you. Send me a PM if you want the connection

Hi Robertj,
    I was hoping you would give a little more insight into whether or not investing in the entertainment industry is an advantage or disadvantage?
  • robertjrobertj subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    mattsind,

I`m not sure this is "insight" - but investing in a specific project within the entertainment field can be very high risk, so:

The potential reward should be commensurate with the risk
    As with any investment - do your homework. Perform the due diligence
    The people involved in the project are very important, but be sure that they are really committed.

• EstellaEstella subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    Investing in the currencies of the different countries in the world is the most exciting market available. Forex investing is buying and selling these different currencies which are grouped together in currency pairs. This simply means the currency of one country is paired with the currency of another, the investor chooses which two currencies to buy or sell. In this worldwide market something is always happening that changes the value of money.
    forex currency trading
  • dimagicdimagic subscriber Posts: 0
    My tip is to join kickstarter.com to find investors or a project to invest in.
  • TimBTimB subscriber Posts: 4
    Investing in a business you are more familiar with is good. Your competition would be high as there are many sponsors available now a days. You must first start with some local plays and theaters.
  • BradMorganBradMorgan subscriber Posts: 0
    If you are going to invest in concerts or some kind of local sports in USA you can contact just in time tickets for sale of your tickets.