WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

The Truth About Keyword Density

DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
 I admit it.
I bought into the whole keyword density hype like everyone else.
But guess what I just discovered? Keyword density is a myth!
Don`t believe me? Conduct your own experiment, like I did.
Go to Google or any search engine, and type in your primary keyword phrase.
Now examine the results that fall into the number one through twenty positions.
Now you tell me, do those sites all have the same keyword density?
No they don`t. Some have extremely high keyword density, some have extremely low keyword density.
And I suspect, if you examined results 21 thru 40, you`d find exactly the same thing - no set pattern, no formula.
So what does all of this mean?
It means keyword density is no longer of primary importantance to Google.
It`s a myth. How do I know?
Because keyword stuffing is one of the oldest tricks in the book.
Everybody`s doing it. Yet everybody doesn`t have success getting their website to rank high in the search engines.
Why? Because keyword stuffing simply doesn`t work anymore.
No, a search engines algorithms are much more sophisticated than that - more complicated. There are many other factors involved.
So what does work?
Relevancy. It`s always been about relevancy - at least when it comes to Google. And let`s be honest, when it comes to search engine traffic, Google is King!
Simply write relevant content that has a nice natural flow to it, sprinkle in a few keywords here and there and the rest will take care of itself.
Generally speaking, if your website is more relevant than everyone else`s, it will rank higher than everyone else`s.
It`s as simple as that!DKing2007-7-17 8:47:53

Comments