WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

New Beta Site for review-

happy2bemehappy2beme subscriber Posts: 6
edited August 2007 in Website Critique
We now have a new very rough beta site for review. Please look at design and messaging and share any and all thoughts you might have. I have an interesting dilema. More than a few honest people have said I wouldn`t have purchased just by looking at your site~but after speaking with me for a few minutes, they would. I need to somehow make my message of positive reinforcement & positive discipline turning into positive results! My current site www.theappreciationstation.com</A> & our beta site is
http://nhgconsulting.com/previews/tas/tas_preview_2.htm</A>
Thanks in advance for your time and words, Dianahappy2beme2007-8-4 12:17:45

Comments

• happy2bemehappy2beme subscriber Posts: 6
    Thanks Steve, I agree with the over swirl. Great comments about the other fonts. I`m curious if the new messaging for you would make you more likely to purchase?
    Diana
  • storybookstudiostorybookstudio subscriber Posts: 7
    Change the master headline from:
    The ONLY Kids reward system that changes the relationship between parents and kids.Nothing changes that relationship. Parents are parents, kids are kids, and that remains constant throughout their lives.Instead, make it something more like:
    A reward system that shows your children how much you care.

Or:
    The ONLY Kids reward system that strengthens the bond between parents and kids.
    Sheeesh...I think I`ll use something like that on my own website.
    Wow, thanks for taking the time and sharing. I`ve had 30 prototypes out for 3 years now with families and one consistent message I hear from them is that they really appreciate how TAS has grown with their kids. They are simply able to change the rewards, as their childs currency changes. So, the longevity of the product is huge for parents. So maybe, it`s "the kids reward system that grows with your child." I also like the phrase I`ve used in some marketing pieces and that is "someone noticed what was right with me today." At the end of the day, that`s really what this product does is help parents to recognize & respond to the "good stuff" so the child knows instantly what behaviors to continue. Thanks again, Diana
  • NetmomNetmom subscriber Posts: 5
    It`s actually not the ONLY reward system, and I think people will be "thrown out of the zone" with a question or skeptical "oh?". It`s important that you induce a sort of hypnotic trance in a reader, where you don`t pull in their intellect if you can help it. To put a "burp" in the road creates what appears to be disjointed, disconnected writing.
    I shared this same thing with Diana. as a consumer I really really dislike the use of the word "only" because when I see it my thoughts automatically go to other products that Iknow that can refute that. I have even left a site and started searching Google for the competition. Weird quirky thing about me but true... 
    The image thing is a non-issue at this point - the whole page is a graphic because this is a very early draft mockup...... Yah, I think everyone gets that this isn`t even organized yet. That`s what makes this very interesting. I don`t know that we`ve ever intentionally invited the SuN community into the development phase of a Web site from the ground up.
    I couldn`t agree more Craig it is interesting and rare. I know poor Nikole is in a corner flicking the lights on and off to Madame Buttterfly in an insane stupor right about now... But I think this is a wonderful excercise for folks to see the work in progress. This is more like design by committee. In thinking about this can probably be a good idea if as we mentioned you are too close to be ojbective. Kudos to you Diana! I just don`t know that I could do it...
    So maybe, it`s "the kids reward system that grows with your child."I also like the phrase I`ve used in some marketing pieces and that is "someone noticed what was right with me today." The top one doesn`t excite me all that much. Kinda blah.But that second one...noticing what`s "right with me," THAT`s a jewel. In fact, it sums up the entire psychological end almost perfectly! You have to use that...somewhere in your overall branding. It`s perfect! I dunno I think this is for me not a "clinical product" at least not on the site. I see it as a way to say to parents that here is a new way to encourage your children versus what the experts say. For me that evokes thoughts of we have a MAJOR problem and need our head`s shrunken. We already feel as parents we have the potential to screw up our children. Too much expert talk makes me either think that this is for "those people" that can`t handle their kids or reminds me that I am making a mess of them and need therapy and so will they sooner than later. The message has to balance the family needs message with not making parents feel like a failure for buying it. I do like the line but want to see thought into not being "too clinical" on the site as a whole.
    I think the first line works or at least the sentiment of it. I think that as a parent I want the value communicated to me that I am making an investment in something that will continue to have value later and will not be a fad to them and will stop working for them soon. I can only expect a paper chart to last so long so I embrace the thought os having to switch to something else later. But this is almost like furniture so I want to know it will continue to be useful. Does that make sense?   Netmom2007-8-5 16:28:27
    One way to sell: "Listen to me, I`m an expert and I know the answers." Another way to sell: "I`m in your shoes, and here`s what I`ve learned. Maybe what I`ve learned can help ease your way."I prefer the second way. I`m just not getting it that way in the writing....yet. happy2beme2007-8-6 9:27:7
    One way to sell: "Listen to me, I`m an expert and I know the answers." Another way to sell: "I`m in your shoes, and here`s what I`ve learned. Maybe what I`ve learned can help ease your way."I prefer the second way. I`m just not getting it that way in the writing....yet.[/QUOTE]
    Craig, My apologies for messing up your quote. The frustration comes from the fact that I have been there. Yelling, nagging, punishing, none of it feels good. It`s deflating, as a parent. The moment I began using positive reinforcement (which by the way, was the only thing I had not tried) my life changed completely and honestly, quite quickly. The Appreciation Station didn`t change my home, I did. However, TAS made it easy to do and the mere presence of it in my home reminded all of us to celebrate the "good" in each other on a daily basis. TAS is not a recipe for success (that`s positive reinforcement & positive discipline and a balance of natural consequences.) Rather, TAS is like having the recipe and being handed a bag of carefully measured out ingredients as well as all the supplies, to ensure your a success in your home! Does this make sense?
    So right and I agree completely. Actually, our sales indicate it. 65% of our sales, thus far have been to educators-including those who work with special needs. I think it`s because they have been trained in the effectivness of positive reinforcement. Ya` know Craig, when a child does something wrong, we don`t say that if you do that 5 more times you`ll be in trouble on Friday. We understand the necessity of immediately teaching that what they`ve done is wrong. It blows me away that we have not been taught to react, respond or reward, when we see a moment that makes us happy. Many parents will say nothing when their child is sitting still. It`s expected behavior, but it doesn`t get the attention that kids need and crave. When we talk to our children, their brains grow, plain and simple. Thanks Craig, Diana