WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

How do I create a Membership Website?

2»

Comments

• youdontknowmeyoudontknowme subscriber Posts: 6
    It`s weird actually. I log in with the same username and password that I type into the TO [url=mailto:%27username%27@%27localhost%27]`username`@`localhost`[/url] IDENTIFIED BY `password` but it always comes out as error #1044 where it says I`m not authorized.How do you guys set up a MySQL database? Maybe I`m doing something wrong or something..
  • leadstudiosleadstudios subscriber Posts: 1
    The usename/password you use to log in (i assume to phpmyadmin) shouldn`t be used as the username/password for the drupal database. That one is the "root" password to access phpmyadmin to manage your mysql dbs and for security, should only be used for such. You may have already done this but when you are in phpmyadmin, you need to create a new database. Should be a button/menu item to do it. Database name is up to you.Once that is done, create a new user and set password. When you create the user you will then specify what database they are assigned to and what permissions they have. Here is where you assign the new user to your drupal database and assign the appropriate permissions (SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, CREATE, DROP, INDEX, ALTER, CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES, LOCK TABLES)Once that is done, you then need to run the sql script from drupal to load the default values into the new drupal database you just created. When you select the new drupal database you created to manage, there is an IMPORT button or something like that. Use that to import the mysql data text file. Change the settings in the settings.php file to match what you have done....and now hopefully it will all work....
  • youdontknowmeyoudontknowme subscriber Posts: 6
    All right, will do Thanks for all the help! I`ll post as soon as I encounter any problems..
  • pinnaclestarpinnaclestar subscriber Posts: 0
    This is something you might want to check out. You can create your own website and have it hosted for a very low price.
    http://www.freedom.ws/mbrashad/show_dvd</A>
  • sitesubscriptionxprt87sitesubscriptionxprt87 subscriber Posts: 0
    There are alot of ways to creating a membership/subscription based website. I own and operate 6 website that are membership based. The easy tool i have found is the <a rel="nofollow">subhub</a> platform. It lets you create a membership website extremely fast and with no knowledge of HTML coding. It also lets you add in allot of other useful tools like newsletters, e-commerce, add sense etc. It also hase a fully integrated payment processor. 
    sitesubscriptionxprt873/13/2009 8:18 PM
  • sitesubscriptionxprt87sitesubscriptionxprt87 subscriber Posts: 0
    www.subhub.com is a great platform for creating a membership based website. No HTML coding needed.
  • vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    www.subhub.com is a great platform for creating a membership based website. No HTML coding needed.

A bit pricey @ $97/month.
  • iBoomeriBoomer subscriber Posts: 0
    I use Drupal but for many sites WordPress will suffice. It`s allot easier to customize and can easily be used as a CMS.
    As for Drupal login, if your database was created automatically the user id for log in is probably "admin".I think the most important factor is the host that you choose. I use Bluehost, they have great customer support and very good pricing. They also have a cPanel with Simple Scripts.iBoomer3/17/2009 2:30 PM