WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Business Plan

aedavisaedavis subscriber Posts: 7
edited June 2009 in Startup Funding
Hello I need to see a Business Plan for a Hair Salon. I`m trying to open up a salon Day Spa

Comments

• Options
    StartUpSmartStartUpSmart subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi!

Are you in need of a business plan to fund your salon? I`m not exactly sure what your question is? Are you looking for a template to see what a business plan looks like?
  • Options
    startuphelperstartuphelper subscriber Posts: 2
    Seeing somebody else`s business plan for a similar business will not necessarily help you. A business plan must be written specifically for your business with your particular information (local marketing, local competition, your chosen location, etc).

The best thing to do is to research the general outline of a business plan and then write your own with your own specifications.

You can check out my website for step by step help with writing your own business plan.
  • Options
    KevDevKevDev subscriber Posts: 5 Member
    In the upper right corner of this window is a Search box. Type Business Plan, select Content or Forums (or any of the other choices), click Go, and read away. There is tons of info here and on the web.
    Good luck!
  • Options
    ObsidianLaunchObsidianLaunch subscriber Posts: 7
    Business plans are a waste of time if you ask me.  Don`t get me wrong you need to have a clear understanding of your costs, goals, expectations, etc. 

Your businesses success (after you determined it to be viable) is determined mostly by your desire, your passion, and your relentless commitment to its success.  The traditional business won`t foster this, and likely will be shelved for the life of your company.

Instead you need to have dynamic planning, based on three sheets.  You need a Prosperity Plan (the vision of the company), a Quarterly Plan (a 90 document of what your need to make the most progress toward your vision) and Daily Metrics (a daily measure of your company`s health and progress). 

Every company I have grown myself (3 so far) and every one I have partnered/invested in (many), I have used this strategy and have found it to be the key to successful, healthy growth.

• Options
    StartUpSmartStartUpSmart subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi,

I would agree with Mark regarding his post above. At the same time I do believe the "final" business plan document can become an item that collects dust on a shelf. I would say the plan itself isn`t all that helpful but the process of creating a business plan can be vital. The process, if done correctly, forces the entrepreneur to thoroughly think through their business model and general concept. It also helps the entrepreneur question the assumptions they have about their market, competitors, distribution channels, etc.

Interesting posts from both Mark and Mike.
  • Options
    startuphelperstartuphelper subscriber Posts: 2

Business plans are a waste of time if you ask me.  Don`t get me wrong you need to have a clear understanding of your costs, goals, expectations, etc.     Try telling that to a loan officer when you need a bank loan. It`s great that your "business plans" work for you, but for the entrepreneur in need of funding, the formal, written business plan (SBA approved formatting) is a MUST.
  • Options
    riversidebannersriversidebanners subscriber Posts: 0
     riversidebanners2009-6-2 17:37:58
  • Options
    .riversidebanners2009-6-2 17:40:44
  • Options

You could try this link or goggle excatly question you have there will be an answer for you.

lan/index.htmlriversidebanners2009-6-2 17:41:52