WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Using Meebo for Free Live Chat

eventbrandereventbrander subscriber Posts: 6
I thought this would be useful to anyone who wanted to avoid fees on a Live Chat tool.
Using Meebo you can create a fee live chat customer service tool for your own website.
Check out my blog post for more details.http://www.eventbrander.com/blog/?p=23

Comments

• lanygalanyga subscriber Posts: 0
    Thanks - I came here looking for an discussion about an online chat solution and this is just what I`m looking for.  In your blog, you mention you integrated an on/off switch.  Can you point me to help on how to do that?  I looked in the meebo docs and didn`t have any luck.  Thanks again.
  • eventbrandereventbrander subscriber Posts: 6
    To create a simple "on/off" switch you`ll need some css and programming knowledge.
    Essentially what we did was create a toggle in our cms where the "Live Chat" text would appear on the front end if it`s set to on. It would not appear if set to off.
    We used php code "if, then" statement. If you have a programmer already this should be very easy for them. If you don`t, find someone on odesk.com or guru.com to install it for you.
    Hope this helps.
  • besthealthbesthealth subscriber Posts: 4
    Thanks for sharing - I had no idea..........