WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Article Marketing - duplicate content?

minimegeologyminimegeology subscriber Posts: 26
edited May 2009 in Marketing
Hi Everyone,

I have been looking into article marketing and see where many people recommend submitting to 5 or 6 of the larger sites.  On one of them, it said that you could not submit an article that was posted anywhere else on the web.  Have you run into this?  For example, if I post something on my website and maybe ezinearticles.com, can I not post it also on buzzle.com?

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Comments

• Options
    DavidJacksonDavidJackson subscriber Posts: 143 Silver Level Member
    Hello Tracy:

I`m a professional article marketer, and I can tell you from first-hand experience, that duplicate content nonsense is overblown. I would give you one piece of advice, however. Before you publish your articles anywhere else, publish them on your own website or blog first. That way you`ll get search engine credit for having published your own content first, instead of the article directories getting credit.

David Jackson
    DavidJackson5/29/2009 11:41 AM
  • Options
    nevadasculnevadascul subscriber Posts: 3 Member
    Hi Tracy,
    Just my thoughts on the issue.  Most sites that take articles have submission guidelines.  These guidelines will tell you if the site accepts reprints submissions.  Even if their guidelines say they don`t, some still take such articles to get free content for their site.  So, go ahead and send the article.  The worst that can happen is they refuse the article.
    However, I seldom use these sites.  One, I like to get paid for my articles.  Two, I like to place my articles in publications that specifically target my prospective customer type.  And, while some of these article mills may submit one of your articles to the same publication, you can make more money submitting directly.nevadascul5/30/2009 2:07 PM