WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

What Payment Processing Service Do You Use?

DavidJacksonDavidJackson subscriber Posts: 143 Silver Level Member
edited April 2009 in Marketing
When it comes to online payment processing, you have a variety of choices. You can set-up your own merchant account, or you can use popular payment processing services such as PayPal, ClickBank, 2CheckOut and others.

What payment processing service do you use, and are you happy with it?

David Jackson
DavidJackson4/26/2009 11:42 AM

Comments

• Options
    vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    Google has a check out too
  • Options
    nevadasculnevadascul subscriber Posts: 3 Member
    I am curious what the feed back will be on this.  I am just starting to look at on line payment systems.
  • Options
    Google has a check out too

I know. That`s why I said and "others." I purposely mentioned by name the services that have been around the longest.  

David Jackson
    DavidJackson4/26/2009 1:24 PM
  • Options
    I am curious what the feed back will be on this.  I am just starting to look at on line payment systems.

Yep, it should be interesting.

David Jackson
  • Options
    I just spoke to a merchant that uses Paypal in his store instead of a credit card reader devise.  He was recently notified by Paypal that a new policy is in affect.  Instead of the seller getting paid immediately, Paypal will now hold payment until the "Customer" is satisfied with his purchase.  The merchant I spoke to was given no time frame fro how long the customer has to to notify Paypal he is satisfied.nevadascul5/1/2009 8:52 PM
  • Options
    Hi ultraluster,

This was not an ebay purchase.  The merchant uses Paypal instead of running credit cards through a reader in his mortar and brick store.  Paypal sent him a notice of the policy change within the last week.
  • Options
    sipmarketingsipmarketing subscriber Posts: 3
    We have used PayPal and have been affected by this policy. We own a Web Design and Internet Marketing company and have had some issues with this.
    Our accounts were limited and we were told that funds would not be released to us until the projects were completed and delivered. We offer services...not a product and because we also offer web maintenance and webmaster packages our lifespan of an average client could be forever.
    We got the issue resolved and then it happened again. Were hoping to get this resolved.
    I have heard some scary things about paypal from people, and up until now have had no problems with them at all. They have been great.
    Needless to say...this has got us looking at some other options.