WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Web Design Market Research

asteroidwebdesignasteroidwebdesign subscriber Posts: 1
edited June 2016 in Marketing
Hello, i am a website
designer programmer and am setting up a website design business called
Asteroid Web Design. I would be very grateful if you could spare a
couple of minutes of your valuable time to fill out my short
questionnaire. In return i will help people set up their own online
market research systems and answer their general website design
questions.
Please click the link below to be taken to my short surveyhttp://survey.asteroidwebdesign.co....x.php?sid=94778
Kind Regards,
Jackwww.asteroidwebdesign.co.uk

Comments

• DavidJacksonDavidJackson subscriber Posts: 143 Silver Level Member
      I would be very grateful if you could spare a couple of minutes of your valuable time to fill out my short questionnaire. In return i will answer your general website design questions.

Jack, you`re going about this all wrong. You should first participate in forum discussions before asking members for a favor. Give members a chance to to get to know you before asking for something.

Also, you should be willing to answer general website design questions, regardless of whether someone fills out your questionaire. The whole spirit and intent of a forum is answering people`s questions without expecting anything in return.

Always give without expecting anything in return, and it will come back to you in spades!

David Jackson

DavidJackson3/30/2009 8:52 AM
  • asteroidwebdesignasteroidwebdesign subscriber Posts: 1
    Thank you for the feedback guys, i am only 19 and am quite new to the world of business and therefore your advice is much appreciated. You are quite right about participating in the forums before asking for a favour - i guess its because i am so eager to get started! I hear exactly where you are coming from, synergy between business owners is very important. I am very eager to meet people on this forum but don`t have a clue where to start! I am willing to help people with their websites for free - i have designed many for charities including a website for a wheelchair basketball team for physically disabled individuals. I will change the order of the questions although personal information is not required to fill out the survey - you can just skip through it.
    Kind Regards
    Jack
    www.asteroidwebdesign.co.ukasteroidwebdesign3/30/2009 9:13 AM
  • patentandtrademarkpatentandtrademark subscriber Posts: 103
    Jack, welcome.  Ignore the self-declared experts you will meet in this forum.  They mean well [I think], God bless their hearts.

Keep the website content interesting and easy to navigate.  Don`t let anybody tell you that any business model or technique will guarantee you income.  You are smart enough to know better.
  • DavidJacksonDavidJackson subscriber Posts: 143 Silver Level Member
    Thank you for the feedback guys, i am only 19 and am quite new to the world of business and therefore your advice is much appreciated. You are quite right about participating in the forums before asking for a favour - i guess its because i am so eager to get started!

No problem, Jack. You made a mistake. That makes you human.

Just remember, we`re here to help you.

David Jackson
  • patentandtrademarkpatentandtrademark subscriber Posts: 103
    Jack, posting a lot of content before asking for feedback on something is not necessary.  You made no mistake. 

In terms of concrete feedback, your font type and/or font size changes “midstream” in a way that is a little confusing to follow – making it hard for me to follow what you are trying to emphasize.

Also, I am really saturated with people talking about how all their products and services are “green.”  If you sell cars or electricity or buildings, it’s relevant.  For designing websites, it is not relevant.  My bet is that nobody cares if their website is “green” or not – I know I would not care.

Finally, avoid at all costs the terms “bail-out” or “stimulus” or any other term associated with Obama’s plans to borrow and spend the

USA

into oblivion.  He will fail and you don’t want to hitch your wagon to that crashing asteroid.  For example, there is a painter in my area who is giving out “stimulus checks” as a discount to have your house painted.  It’s corny and tacky.  My advice is, “don’t do it.”

patentandtrademark4/1/2009 10:09 AM
  • MyMarketEASEMyMarketEASE subscriber Posts: 1
    Hello Jack,
    I`m a little unclear as to the purpose of this survey.  Will it be mailed to existing customers with whom you already have a relationship?  Or will it be sent to prospects who know nothing about your company?  Or, will it simply be a stand-slone site to which you`ll need to send traffic?

If it is for existing customers, you may want to include more information on the purpose of the survey and how it is going to make service better for them in the future.  Make sure they know their input is important and why.

If it is for prospects, you should include a link to more information about your company and the services you`ll provide.  Get prospects excited about doing business with you -- the more information the better. 

Good luck.
  • asteroidwebdesignasteroidwebdesign subscriber Posts: 1
    Thanks so much for all the feedback and advice everyone, its helping a lot, please keep it coming! The survey is purely for my market research so i wont give out anyone`s details, I`m here to make friends not upset people.
    The surveys aim is to establish whether to focus on developing CMS or ecommerce systems and to determine how regularly websites need to be maintained.  If  anyone would like a copy of the results once the survey is finished let me know.Please click the link below to be taken to my short survey:http://www.survey.asteroidwebdesign.co. ... ?sid=94778
    Kind Regards
    Jackwww.asteroidwebdesign.co.ukasteroidwebdesign4/2/2009 12:14 PM
  • jasonburtonjasonburton subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    If needed some help about trademarking and other business management needs, you should see this http://eatmywords.com/portfolio/names-in-a-nutshell/ its about corporate naming that would help your establishing your ownership.
  • UniversitiutaraUniversitiutara subscriber Posts: 14 Bronze Level Member
    Website design is frequently treated as a project “on the side”. Yet, it is the face of your business just like a brick-and-mortar storefront. Why gamble with your website? It takes more than a roll of the dice to ensure your website works for you. Few business owners would select set up their store location without researching:

- If it is a good location to bring in the right foot traffic
    - If the signage will attract the target customers
    - If the interior décor is attractive and functional
    Universiti Utara Malaysia - Global Brand Magazine Award Winner 2016