WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Offline market?

starwahfstarwahf subscriber Posts: 1
edited April 2009 in Marketing
   Ok so anyone have any ideas for marketing offline? Mostly for the website and to encourage traffic for our forum which is work at home based. I believe if the forum would pick up it would increase hits to other sites of ours and inturn sales. Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    DavidJacksonDavidJackson subscriber Posts: 143 Silver Level Member
       Ok so anyone have any ideas for marketing offline? Mostly for the website and to encourage traffic for our forum which is work at home based. I believe if the forum would pick up it would increase hits to other sites of ours and inturn sales. Anyone have any ideas?

It depends on your advertising budget, of course. But if it were me, I`d advertise in targeted, large circulation magazines like Entrepreneur (circulation 600,000) and Home Business Magazine (circulation 100,000).

David Jackson
    DavidJackson2/26/2009 6:04 PM
  • Options
    MyMarketEASEMyMarketEASE subscriber Posts: 1
    Christine, that`s a good idea.

Starwahf, in addition to gathering emails at speaking engagements and events for your target market, be sure to include your site address on every single printed piece you distribute.  You should also include teasers or offers to encourage traffic to your site.  For instance, if you have a "top 10" list for home based businesses on your site, include mention of it on a flyer and direct people to your site for a free download of the information.

The key is to make sure all of your channels are in synch.

Good luck.
  • Options
    cortecorte subscriber Posts: 0
    One of my favorite methods is to combine both offline and online marketing.
    I prefer to use postcards because your message can be instantly seen and and the cost is lower. Just make sure you spend some time renting a very targeted list. Your postcard can advertise a free report that will help your target market solve a problem.
    All the recipient needs to do to get their free report is to sign up for your monthly newsletter and the report will instantly be emailed to them.
    You then have the benefit of communicating with these folks via your periodic newsletter.
    This is a great way to build a nice email list for future marketing efforts.