WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Your Business and the Recession

DavidJacksonDavidJackson subscriber Posts: 143 Silver Level Member
edited February 2009 in Marketing
Despite the economy, I`ve noticed that people are still interested in learning about sales and marketing. Unlike other industries, my affiliate sales are actually up, as well as my subscriber list.
What about you?
How has the recession affected your business? Positively? Negatively? Not at all.
David Jackson

Comments

• greenoakgreenoak subscriber Posts: 0
    i have a  retail store and  can  report that  everyone in our area  is running scared.....the issues  are  the  total  depletion of  retail prices ..partly  because of all the  70%  off sales  that   the   big  stores  have   had   over and over...........and we are in an  area, indiana,  with a pretty   bad  economic   reality...
    we are happy when we  hit   last   years  numbers....
    our inventory is  huge and   our approach is  different  so  im   hopeful...and trying to  be  careful
    ann

www.greenoakantiques.com
  • DavidJacksonDavidJackson subscriber Posts: 143 Silver Level Member
    Our inventory is  huge and   our approach is  different  so  im   hopeful...and trying to  be  careful.

Being "careful" seems to be the modus operandi for most businesses these days.

David Jackson
    Yep - and that provides great opportunities for creative entrepreneurs who are prepared to take advantage of the "cautious" approach of others.

True, but there`s nothing wrong with being prudent.

David Jackson
    Sales are actually up since January probably because my SEO on my site is taking off and I have been promoting more. 

David Jackson
    Definately nothing wrong with being prudent. In the current climate every entrepreneur and business owner is most likely to act in accordance with their risk tolerance level.

Exactly.

David Jackson