WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Free Marketing Tips: Maximize Your Traffic Sources

DavidJacksonDavidJackson subscriber Posts: 143 Silver Level Member
edited January 2009 in Marketing
 One of the most popular topics discussed in small business forums is traffic, and how to generate more of it. I`ve noticed that most marketers jump from technique to technique, looking for new traffic sources.
However, I`ve always believed in sticking with those techniques that work the best, and maximizing my results from those techniques. Let me explain.
If you`re a professional businessowner running a professional business, you should be analyzing every aspect of your business, including the amount of traffic you`re getting and where that traffic is coming from.
For instance, by analyzing my traffic data, I know that the greatest percentage of my traffic is coming from small business forums and the many articles I write.
So, instead of running around like a "chicken with my head cut off" looking for new traffic sources like most marketers, I instead focus my time and energy on coming up with creative ways of getting even more traffic from my current sources.
For instance, knowing that small business forums are among my most reliable traffic sources, I recently increased my participation on certain forums. Conversely, knowing how effective article marketing has been for me, I increased the number of articles I write each week.
In other words, I`m maximizing the results I`m getting from current traffic sources, by doing more of the same.
Don`t get me wrong. I`m not suggesting that marketers shouldn`t be on the lookout for new traffic sources. By all means, seek out new sources of traffic. Just be smart about it. Make sure you`re maximizing your results from your current traffic sources as well.
After all, you know what they say about "a bird in hand..."
David Jackson
DavidJackson1/29/2009 11:20 AM

Comments