WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Do You Approach Your Business Like "The Boy and the Nettles?"

DavidJacksonDavidJackson subscriber Posts: 143 Silver Level Member
edited January 2009 in Marketing
Are you familiar with the story "The Boy and the Nettles?"
It`s a classic Aesop fable about a young boy who was stung by a Nettle.  He ran home and told his mother, "It hurts really bad, but I only touched it a little."  To which his mother replied, "That`s exactly  why it stung you. The next time you touch a Nettle, grasp it boldly, and it will not hurt you." (Continued)

David Jackson

Comments

• scottdkcpscottdkcp subscriber Posts: 0
    Really good post and article David.  I really like the idea about going all out.  I have failed to do that in the past, and it SERIOUSLY hampered my efforts, to the point where I had to give up on some really good ideas.    But I am really hoping to change that this time. 

Oh, by the way, I also added you to my links page as I said I was going to, so thanks a bunch for letting me do that.  It`s a small links page for now, but I hope to build a very strong useful links page(s) as things progress.  You can find your link below:

http://www.chosenpoint.com/links.html
  • DavidJacksonDavidJackson subscriber Posts: 143 Silver Level Member
    Really good post and article David.  I really like the idea about going all out.  I have failed to do that in the past, and it SERIOUSLY hampered my efforts, to the point where I had to give up on some really good ideas.    But I am really hoping to change that this time. 

Thanks, Scott!

I enjoy writing articles that make people think about what they`re doing, even if they don`t agree with what I write.

Also, thanks for posting my link!

David Jackson