WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

I Don`t Get It

DavidJacksonDavidJackson subscriber Posts: 143 Silver Level Member
edited January 2009 in Marketing
Day after day, I see new members join SuN, and they all have the same basic problem - they want more traffic to their website.

But yet, many of these members don`t include a link to their site in their signature or in their profile.

I just don`t get it.

If you want more people to visit your site, why on earth wouldn`t you publicize your link?

David Jackson
DavidJackson1/23/2009 11:50 AM

Comments

• Options
    vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    I think it is obvious.

"They"are not familiar with how to add a link and/or the thought of it has not entered their mind.

Many people with websites miss opportunities to promote their site. It is a mindset or habit to adopt... every time I go to a website/forum how can I promote my website?

~Roland
  • Options
    It is a mindset or habit to adopt... every time I go to a website/forum how can I promote my website?

Exactly.

That`s why I started this thread - to help get people in that mindset.

David Jackson
    DavidJackson1/23/2009 11:40 AM
  • Options
    It was not very dificult. just have to take a few minutes and do it. Thanks for making a very good point.

No problem.

I started this thread to make members aware of the signature option.

It`s free advertising...might as well take advantage of it.

David Jackson
  • Options
    Craig and Imortal, I appreciate your input, but...

What does a "get rich quick" mentality have to do with someone neglecting to post their link on a forum? I think that`s a bit of a stretch.

I think it`s much more likely that some members are unaware of the signature option, or they simply don`t know how or are too lazy to utilize it.

Hopefully, this thread will get more members to add a link to their posts.

David Jackson
    DavidJackson1/24/2009 2:48 PM
  • Options
    The advantages of a signature link are so clear that even when someone doesn`t know how to do it, they`ll *take* the time to learn!

Point taken.

David Jackson