WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

What`s Your Favorite Blog Software ?

DavidJacksonDavidJackson subscriber Posts: 143 Silver Level Member
edited January 2009 in Marketing
What blog software offers you the greatest amount of functionality, flexibility and is easiest to use?

TypePad, Wordpress, Blogger, something else?

What`s your favorite blog software, and why?

David Jackson
DavidJackson1/14/2009 7:20 PM

Comments

• Options

I went from Blogger to Wordpress.com and then eventually Wordpress.org because Wordpress.org offers many very useful plugins, widgets, SEO and more. I cant imagine using anything else for my business site.    I researched all the popular blog software. Wordpress, Typepad, Blogger, LiveJournal. I ended up going with Blogger. I was very comfortable with Blogger`s ease of use, right from the start. Wordpress (paid version) was my second choice. David JacksonDavidJackson1/14/2009 8:14 PM
  • Options
    I don`t see anything that can even come close to Wordpress`s software. 

I imagineTypepad users would beg to differ, as well as Blogger users like me.

But that`s why I started this thread - to get different opinions and viewpoints.

Any Typepad or LiveJournal users out there?

Feel free to chime in.

David Jackson
    DavidJackson1/14/2009 9:40 PM
  • Options
    Definitely Word Press! I took Ed Dale`s 30 Day Challenge and it was incredible. He shows you step by step, how to navigate through and use Word Press.  I love Ed Dale!

Okay, okay. I get it.

You like WordPress, and you love Ed Dale!

David Jackson
  • Options
    stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member
    I like wordpress but LOVE Typepad. Look they just featuredour blog on their home page... very cool!! http://www.typepad.com/ We are Fitspott! Uppperleft!
  • Options
    Wow...not one LiveJournal lover yet.

C`mon, LiveJournal. It`s your turn to represent.

David Jackson
    DavidJackson1/15/2009 2:58 PM
  • Options

Wow, does LiveJournal still exist?   Yep, still going strong after 10 years. David Jackson
  • Options
    Another vote for Wordpress here.
    I also think some are going to vote for one over the other because of a certain comfort zone. If you`re squeamish about PHP and modifying the template, you might like one over the other.

I agree with that, but I also think it comes down to does the software do what you need it to now and potentially in the future?

If it does, it really doesn`t matter which blog software you use.

Then it becomes all about comfort level.

David Jackson
  • Options
    barrywheelerbarrywheeler subscriber Posts: 0
    I was a Joomla junkie for blogging for some time.  However, switched recently to WordPress for my personal blog, and have to say that I am impressed with the software.
  • Options

I was a Joomla junkie for blogging for some time.  However, switched recently to WordPress for my personal blog, and have to say that I am impressed with the software.   Wow...I didn`t even think about Joomla when I was doing my research. For some reason, when I think of blog software, Joomla doesn`t come to mind. David Jackson
  • Options
    Agree with wordpress.

Yep, based on the responses here and on other forums, Wordpress seems to be the overwhelming consensus. I`ll be using VBulletin`s software to build my new site. It`s forum software with a built-in blog.

David Jackson
  • Options
    iphoneapp1iphoneapp1 subscriber Posts: 0
    For me wordpress is the best!
  • Options
    massy7890massy7890 subscriber Posts: 0
    Well my favorites are Weebly and WordPress. Regardless of which you choose, it is important to ensure that you always write good, quality, and unique content to make your blog standout from the crowd.