WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Help With Dreamweaver CS3 Template

DGoodinDGoodin subscriber Posts: 6
I`ve managed to get my site most of the way done, and I`ve used Dreamweaver CS3, and created the site from a template.
My problem is this... I can`t get the document title to change from "Untitled Document". I`m very new to the program, but I can`t figure it out.
Any help would be greatly appreciated...DGoodin2007-9-17 18:48:3

Comments

• Options
    john146john146 subscriber Posts: 0
    There are two possible ways (at least). At the top of the window, there`s a
    text box labeled "title" that says "Untitled Document". You can change that.
    Alternatively, if you choose the split view or code view, at the top you`ll see
    a section in the head (probably just before the </head> tag) that says
    "<title>Untitled Document</title>". You can change that "Untitled
    Document" text to whatever title you want.
  • Options
    I`ve tried both of those, but that part of the page and code seem to be in a non editable area?... I created a template and only certain parts are editable.
    I`ve highlighted the code in the head section and tried to make it editable, but to no avail.
    When I try to change the document title, it allows me to type the new name in, but won`t save it (save is greyed out when I go to file, and try to save).
    *EDIT*
    Ok, I went back and changed the title in the template, and it saved, but I want to titile each page individually.
    I`ll probably have to fool around with the editable areas in the template... can anyone confirm?
    *EDIT 2*
    Ok... so I`m a moron. What I actually created was not a template... it was a sample page that I thought was a template.
    Back to the drawing board after a month of sweating over this...
     DGoodin2007-9-18 2:26:8
  • Options
    OK!
    New template has been created, all pages, links, and graphics transfered to new pages with editable titles.
    Site will be live tomorrow for whomever would like to take a look at it in the critique forum. I`ll post the link there when I`m live.
    Thanks for the support...