WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Name this seminar!!!

TakeActionTakeAction subscriber Posts: 2
edited February 2007 in Marketing
Hi Everyone,
I am new to the site and have spent the last half hour just exploring!  I figure it`s time to jump in. 
I and a couple of colleagues are hosting a seminar/networking event for Stage II businesses.  By that I mean business owners who are beyond startup and are looking to grow.  We`ll explore challenges that relate to money and team.  For example, how to move out of your home/temporary office into your first sizable location.  How to hire your first non-relative/friend employees and set a culture for success.  How to manage and plan for the use of capital during this new phase of business.  While we are excited about the content, we need a name that will grab people`s attention.  We were thinking "Overcoming the High Growth Challenge" but that may be too basic.  Any ideas?  All are welcome!!

Comments

• daleyfla99daleyfla99 subscriber Posts: 1
    From Halfway House to Halfway There...Escaping the Start Up Asylum
    OOOO I love that one....
    people who have mid level businesses are pressed for time.  What  would motivate you to spend your most valuable resource (your time) to come and hear you speak?
    If you are marketing to men...sports metaphor.. how about:
    Your business: On 2nd base...how to get to 3rd
    or just On 2nd base...how to get to 3rd....
    Has that nice double entrende feeling as well.
    or: Out of the Park....how to swing for the fences in business
    or swing for the tee in business....
    you get the idea...

• TakeActionTakeAction subscriber Posts: 2
    Man (no pun intended) you all are great!  Nothing like a little team work to get the juices flowing.  Janet, thank you for getting the ball rolling.  Craig, thank you for challenging me to think past "the next level".  Shonika and Dale, LOVE the metaphors you`re creating. 
    Let`s keep it going.  I am sure I`m not the only one benefiting from this exercise.
    Thanks!
    Daphne

• PokermanPokerman subscriber Posts: 5
    Growing pains? Get to the gain without the pain!