WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Becoming more with major sponsorship, How?

HeavydHeavyd subscriber Posts: 1
edited September 2006 in Sales
I created a product, that is timely, and banks on a preception that exists inside and outside my market. I have been told by major name brand, recogniziable business`s that I have a strong idea, but I have no takers. Every company is all talk and my window is closing. How do I land a major sponsor, or partnership that can make me a monster L.L.C.
Inspect my site     www.officialsteal.com</A> Heavyd2006-9-10 0:53:21

Comments

• Options
    SnowflakeManSnowflakeMan subscriber Posts: 3
    In short, you need to start selling some - once you can demonstrate sales and a sufficient mass that`s when a sponsor will more than likely be most interested.
    For example if you`ve tested the market at 3-5 colleges and sold x units in each, you can demonstrate a roll out plan that I am sure will be a very good demographic for advertisers to reach. Know your demographics - is it 16-24, 16-34, etc
    It appears that it has attitude so target similar brands - Srixon in golf for example. (although I have to say that "traditional" golf companies tend to be very cautious - especially if it is to highlight ungentlemanly play)
    The site is a great resourse - but the other option is to license the idea to a retailer - harder to do but you then have a guaranteed distribution. The options to extend in to clothing, bumper stickers, etc are pretty limitless

• Options
    JackedeJackede subscriber Posts: 1
    I don`t  get it and I`m a sports fan.

• Options
    amacgi1amacgi1 subscriber Posts: 2
    Hi Heavyd,
    Finding a major partner is always a tricky task. I`m making a guess here, but I assume even Bill Gates and Steve Jobs had a tough time at first. So don`t be discouraged.
    If the companies you`ve approached have been interested but not moved further than that, it sounds like they don`t have a sense of urgency. So you`ve got to make one. Making your offer time sensitive or even pitting potential partners against eachother might help.
    Of course, if you`ve got the capital it might be wise to seek some subject matter expertise from a quality sales consultant who can offer some insight into your strategy and or perhaps even function as an outsourced sales arm for you.
    Just some thoughts I had as I read your question, hopefully you haven`t already considered them.
    My two cents, good luck.
    Andrew
  • Options
    HeavydHeavyd subscriber Posts: 1
    Jackede,
    As a football fan I`m tired of watching teams fall victim to something greater than their opponet. The prototypical football fan is exciteable, anxious, and borderline psychotic. Only lousy officiating can make a plain fan crazy. What if he had a flag of his own to display, what if the B.S. chant went away. Superbowl Forty was one of the 10 most watched T.V. shows of all time. Mimicking the Terrible Towel the Horrible Foul Flag would arm fans with a ticket value worth of defense from dishonest and biased based judging of an event they long for on their weekend.  Thank you for your response.See you in Februrary. Go Seahawks!