WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Trying to get on the right Path

joshmckaybusinjoshmckaybusin subscriber Posts: 1
edited September 2008 in Selecting a Business

Hey, Ever since I have been younger I have always wanted to own my own business and live the good life. I just need some ideas. I take all the business classes in my high school and I do excellent in school. So far the hardest thing that I see about starting a business is trying to find the ideas and then trying to find a first step to achieve the goal that you are looking for. I really just need someone that can help me.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    iyazamiyazam subscriber Posts: 33
    As Jim Rohn says: for your business to grow - you have to grow. You want to succeed? then focus right now on getting into the right mindset. Without that you wont have much. A person can have the best business idea, tactics and strategies - but if they dont have the right mindset they wont get to far.
  • Options
    cmulharecmulhare subscriber Posts: 0
    oh....as i say to my children. follow your heart. follow your passion. since the money will follow from there.
    the energy and excitement of really following your real passion, will result in no mistakes about getting up in the morning, since you will have passion and excitement to just go for it. the highs and lows will not be so dire, since the passion of following your desire and dreams will way out weigh the so called aahhh`s of running your own biz.
    a suggestion might be-find and jot down whatever comes to mind, regardless if it feels so far out there. jot it down, then afterwards decide from that list what you want to do. then follow it. the rest could and may just unfold so effortlessly for you with regards to making it work.
    do not worry what others could think. do not worry about anyone, including yourself with a choice to do your biz. just pick it after composing your long list. then go with your heart and follow it.
    in the long run, you`ll be a much richer happier person as you walk the path of freedom, called being your own boss.
  • Options
    MichaelStoneMichaelStone subscriber Posts: 0
    Josh;
    I have to agree with Steve.  There are two very important distinctions to make.  The first is in realizing that the only way to live "the good life" is to live the life you were "meamt" to live.  That means, simply doing wjat you love.  If in fact you choose what makes a lot of money, there is no more guarantee of happiness than if you choose the one that`s closest to your home.

Finding the right business for you is more a matter of overcoming the fears and doubts you have about making a living out of doing what you already know you want to do, but think you can`t.

Mike Stone
    www.MichaelJStone.com
  • Options
    MichaelStoneMichaelStone subscriber Posts: 0
    Josh;
    I have to agree with Steve.  There are two very important distinctions to make.  The first is in realizing that the only way to live "the good life" is to live the life you were "meamt" to live.  That means, simply doing what you love.  If in fact you choose what makes a lot of money, there is no more guarantee of happiness than if you choose the one that`s closest to your home.

Secondly, finding the right business for you is more a matter of overcoming the fears and doubts you have about making a living out of doing what you already know you want to do, but think you can`t.

Mike Stone
    www.MichaelJStone.com
    MichaelStone9/8/2008 10:44 PM