WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Why You Should Test Your Marketing

DavidJacksonDavidJackson subscriber Posts: 143 Silver Level Member
edited December 2010 in Marketing
When it comes to marketing, I'm a fanatical tester. I test different advertising methods. I test the color of my websites. I test font styles and sizes. When I write articles and ads, I test headlines and copy. I test forum signatures. I test the various website analytics programs for accuracy. I test domain names for SEO effectiveness. I test mailing list services for efficiency. In a nutshell, I test virtually everything, as it relates to the marketing of my business.Why am I such a fanatical tester? Continue reading Why You Should Test Your Marketing.David Jackson

Comments

• Options
    SamuelSamuel subscriber Posts: 0
    I agree David! Testing is the best way to know how your online traffic is interacting with your website pages. It will help increase your conversions and put more money in your pocket. Those who don't test will never know if small changes on a site could have increased their conversions or sales.

Nick. I understand as a small business owner you may not have the time to do a lot of the types of tests that David does. But you don't have to test everything all at the same time or right away. That could be very overwhelming. You should test one thing at a time to get the desired response you are looking for. When you are satisfied you can move on to test something else.
    Testing is important so if you are really pressed for time you should hire someone or a professional that can do this for you so you can focus on the things that will generate revenue for your business.
  • Options
    cyberdesignzcyberdesignz subscriber Posts: 4 Member

When it comes to marketing, I'm a fanatical tester. I test different advertising methods. I test the color of my websites. I test font styles and sizes. When I write articles and ads, I test headlines and copy. I test forum signatures. I test the various website analytics programs for accuracy. I test domain names for SEO effectiveness. I test mailing list services for efficiency. In a nutshell, I test virtually everything, as it relates to the marketing of my business.Why am I such a fanatical tester? Continue reading Why You Should Test Your Marketing.David Jackson
    Powerful, Free Marketing Tips to Help Grow Your Business!
    Free-Marketing-Tips-Blog.com Follow me on Twitter @FreeMarkTips
    Nice thinking David. One should test and develop new advertising techniques to give a different look to his product or services. I will also help him to excel in a different way.
  • Options
    JessicaAutumnJessicaAutumn subscriber Posts: 0
    Testing is important to know that you are doing the right thing, promoting the right products in a certain area and audience. Through this you will not be wasting time and money.