WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Ebay Selling - What are the best tools to use?

FurnitureEtailerFurnitureEtailer subscriber Posts: 1
edited January 2007 in Business Planning
I am creating an online etail store on ebay and saw a million choices out there about products and services. I am looking for advice from an ebay veteran.
what is the best for payment processing? (I will have ticket items as high as $1,000)
what is the best for listings and managing listings?
what is best for accounting purposes
Any other advice would be welcome.FurnitureEtailer2007-1-14 14:38:19

Comments

• ChuckChuck subscriber Posts: 6
    Just in case you hadn`t seen this already, eBay maintains a comprehensive list of service providers:http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?S ... sDirectory
  • SmackieSmackie subscriber Posts: 0
    Great information supplied by all!  I opened a store last year and I have a couple of questions to add to the mix...
    What are the ebay rules in regards to mentioning and or linking to your own website from your ebay store? 
    I don`t want to take away my ebay sales entirely, but much of my traffic so far is from ebay and I have been referring many ebay visitors to my full website for custom options they need and that I don`t offer in my store.
    Has anyone tried a PPC keyword campaign from Ad Market Place/ampkeywords.com?  Effective? 
    I would like to try to build my ebay traffic and I`m engaged in couple of other PPC campaigns but I`m not sure if it`s worth going down this road for ebay.  If not, what would be another way to ramp up ebay traffic?
    Thanks
  • Tanline1Tanline1 subscriber Posts: 0
    I totally agree with Wartimethingscom.  eBay is out of control.  I only lasted a couple of weeks before I left.  I found out that as soon as you list an item for sale you are being charged a fee.  I have no beef with companies wanting to make money but to do it is such a sly way it not good.  I should have read the fine print.  Oh, well, live and learn and I`ve learned eBay is not for me.
  • visuals4uvisuals4u subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi Smackie,

As far as linking to your site, you can only do so under a few restrictions. To describe your item or shipping terms in more detail or to link to your Terms & Conditions section on your web site. (See the policies).

And yes, AdMarketPlace works. I have used it with success when it was
    known as eBayKeywords. It`s just my opinion, but I recommend linking
    the ad to the listing of all of your items. This way you`lll get the
    most bang for your buck. Use specific keywords, though, to grab the
    attention of
    specific auctions you want to promote. For example, I`m currently
    selling 10 items under two different IDs. In the ad, I have only
    mentioned two categories. All of the auctions have a gallery of
    everything I`m selling and the listings are linked to both IDs.
    Personally, I`ve had more success with this than Google or Bidvertiser.
    The others seem to bring traffic, but not buyers.

Hope this helps.

• Riley74Riley74 subscriber Posts: 49 Bronze Level Member

There are several tools available for bulk listing on eBay stores. Here are three of the most popular ones:

1. Turbo Lister: Turbo Lister is a free tool offered by eBay that allows sellers to create and manage listings in bulk. It provides a simple interface for listing items and includes features such as batch editing and importing listings from other sources.
    2. Delimiti: Delimiti is another great bulk listing tool that allows eBay sellers to create and manage listings in bulk for free. The tool provides features such as bulk editing, templates, and image hosting.
    3. Auctiva: Auctiva is another popular third-party tool that allows sellers to create and manage eBay listings in bulk. It includes features such as batch editing, image hosting, and inventory tracking.

Each of these tools has its own unique features and advantages, so it's a good idea to research each one and choose the one that best fits your needs and budget.

• Elias47Elias47 subscriber Posts: 10 Bronze Level Member

It's frustrating when hidden fees catch you off guard. Learning from experiences like this is valuable; exploring platforms with transparent fee structures ensures a better fit for future endeavors.