WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Hello From Florida

curicuri subscriber Posts: 2
edited July 2007 in New Member Welcome
Been reading the site for a few days really getting hooked on this site, Of course, I do tend to obsess.
I`m looking to step out on my own. Freight Brokering business as an agent.
Any advice would be very appreciated.

Comments

• Options

Hello CraigL
    A Freight Broker is Someone who basically finds trucks for companies.
    We also keep track of where the truck is, handle problems as they arise and so on.
    An Agent is someone who works under a Brokers license but has their own customers. sometime they work out of the brokers office or have their own office, or many have home based operations.
    Freight On Board.  Usually the seller will designate whether it is F.O.B. at his store/plant or if it is F.O.B. your destination. This determines who is liable for the freight risks/costs.
  • Options
    ChristinaChristina subscriber Posts: 6
    Hello and welcome in Unfortunately, I don`t have any good advice for you, but hopefully someone here will.
  • Options
    Yes.....CraigL, Expect unlike COD its not necessarily pay on deliverly. but it would be your cost in this situation.