WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Rough estimates on insurances for a small restaurant

DutchOttiesDutchOtties subscriber Posts: 1
Hi all,
We are in the process of analyzing what it would mean if we were to start a small (60-70 seat) restaurant. Since we would be coming from abroad there are a lot of things that are not really easy to find on the Net.At the moment we are trying to create a rough first budget to see if our idea is feasible. One of the things that we are having a hard time in finding any estimates is insurance.Now I have found Workers Compensation and Unemployment insurance costs, and got an estimate on general liability ($1500-$2000 pa). Now for the most difficult one (I think): Property insurance.Can anyone give me some idea of what one has to pay per year? Say I were to buy a property for $100,000 and spend $50.000 on remodelling, etc. Then take all other factors more or less average and place the business in Central Florida.Anyone?Thanks!Marco

Comments

• Options
    nevadasculnevadascul subscriber Posts: 3 Member
    By property insurance I am assuming you mean theft, burglary, fire and inventory shrinkage. Any insurance agent that deals in commercial insurance should be able to help you with these. 
  • Options
    DutchOttiesDutchOtties subscriber Posts: 1
    Hi Nevadascul,
    Thanks, but as we are not in the US at the moment, I was hoping to get some general idea about the height of the premiums from people here .But we will also be looking at an agent who might be able to give us these very non-specific quotes.
  • Options
    nevadasculnevadascul subscriber Posts: 3 Member
    Have you tried Lloyd`s of London?  This is an international company that writes a lot of property policies in the U.S.  Maybe you get hold of on of their reps where you are located?