WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Systems Integration questions

foneswitchfoneswitch subscriber Posts: 1
edited April 2013 in Business Planning
Hi,
I am currently building a surveillance camera system which basically just uses a camera, a weather proof enclosure, and a rechargeable battery. There`s also a celluar modem aspect to it. What I am concerned about is how to describe it as a manufactured product. Does this make sense? I am planning to market my company as an Integrator, Engineering, and Manufacturing outfit.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike

Comments

• nevadasculnevadascul subscriber Posts: 3 Member
    Hi Mike,
    I am currently in the surveillance field.  Most manufacturers will not deal with the end user (customer).  They have the integrator (installer) deal with the end user.  The main reason is that manufacturers don`t want to get tied down responding to every nit picking complaint the end user has. These problem solving sessions take away from time that could go into R & D of the product.  It`s easier and less time consuming to have the integrator (installer) deal with the end user.  He can then pass on his concerns about the end users complaints to you. 

There are numerous installers working as independent contractors.  I even found a company that hires these people to do contract jobs.  You might be better off working with someone like this as the integrator rather than doing it yourself.

If you would like more information, feel free to shoot me an email the below address:
       culshaw@spcfreelance.com
    nevadascul5/25/2009 3:53 PM
  • foneswitchfoneswitch subscriber Posts: 1
    Thanks everyone for taking the time to respond to my questions. I`ve been working on a solar powered prototype for one of the camera units and haven`t had time to post. It`s looking good so far! Next step is to hook up the high speed cell modem, install it in a remote location and test it.
    Mike
  • nevadasculnevadascul subscriber Posts: 3 Member
    Just a thought when you are ready to market the solar powered camera, many companies build automatic gate operator that run on solar power.  Elite gate operators being one of the main companies that comes to mind.  You might want to partner with them to provide a solar powered camera to go with their solar powered gate operator.  They also have a neat transmitter system that they could tie your camera into for remote access gates.  Drop me a line if you need more information.  I con be reached at culshaw@spcfreelance.com.
  • foneswitchfoneswitch subscriber Posts: 1
    nevadascul,
    I am sending you an e-mail regarding my solar powered IP camera.
    Thanks,
    Mike
  • Robins133Robins133 subscriber Posts: 0
    This is R & D post which helps that people are doing the integration themselves. I worked company which provide best integration software solutions. if you have any requirement then contact iconnectgroup.com