WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Contact TV - Legitimate or Scam?

WebJunkyWebJunky subscriber Posts: 8 Member
friends,

i was recently contacted by contact them TV and their email initially read "we will pay you $4,800 to advertise on your site". upon looking into it further i found that it is an online MLM concept and essentially they want me (website owners) to join as affiliates and recruit members into their program.  The compensation structure looks great.  but...

1) is this company legitimate?
2) does it work as good as it claims (anyone with personal experience)?

i would hate to ruin my relationship with my membership base - that is precisely why I overly scrutinize vendors that i recommend.

you can view their link here Contact TV. They have their affiliate terms and conditions on their affiliate section link (here Affiliates).  it sounds good, but then again the legitimacy and credibility is the question. 

any help? personal experiences?

Comments

• vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=6739

http://blog.taragana.com/index.php/arch ... -spamming/

The contactTV link you have in your post.. looks like it is an affiliate link. So, you get some credit/benefit from people on SUN who click on that link and sign up.
    vwebworld2/23/2009 11:07 PM
  • DavidJacksonDavidJackson subscriber Posts: 143 Silver Level Member
    i was recently contacted by contact them TV and their email initially read "we will pay you $4,800 to advertise on your site". upon looking into it further i found that it is an online MLM concept and essentially they want me (website owners) to join as affiliates and recruit members into their program.  The compensation structure looks great.  but...
     1) is this company legitimate?2) does it work as good as it claims (anyone with personal experience)?      You said that you received an e-mail from them. Here`s a good rule of thumb to remember: Legitimate companies DO NOT send unsolicited e-mails. That`s called spam, and it`s illegal. 99.9% of companies that do this are scams! David JacksonDavidJackson2/24/2009 4:31 AM
  • WebJunkyWebJunky subscriber Posts: 8 Member
    i figured...

it did not appear as though anything of value was exchanging hands....what is really a member paying for? why would someone keep on paying $20,30,40 monthly? i could not find any justification.....

the links i posted were the links as sent to me.  now that i think about it, it wasnt the company itself that contacted me, but rather a member of the company attempting to recruit another (me).

thank you for the input
  • nevadasculnevadascul subscriber Posts: 3 Member
    Here is an age old golden rule.  "If the offer sounds to good to be true, It`s a scam of some sort."