WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Target Audience Question

dfernandadfernanda subscriber Posts: 6
edited November 2007 in Marketing
I build a new version of my site and I would like your take on the target audience I am after. This has been a challenge to define with no users. Please not that I have no users yet. The articles you will see are syndicated. I have not accounts . http://www.playground-earth.orgHere is what I have:Playground Earth - This is our world. A
platform for travel and adventure writers to share stories, reviews and
comments about the places we travel, the sports we love and the lives we live.

The mission is to build a platform where we can all publish our work, share experiences, get
jobs as travel writers, and help each other with comments and feedback.

At the same time, Playground Earth is an unbiased resource for traveler and
outdoor sport enthusiast to find articles and stories.Q: how can I find out if there is a market there for travel writer`s? Any feedback is welcome and appreciate it.

Comments

• Options
    nevadasculnevadascul subscriber Posts: 3 Member
    Hi,
    I looked at your site.  The one thing that struck me is that I spent to much time trying to figure out what it is you do at Playground Earth.
    I would suggest putting your mission statement you have in this post just under your graphics at the top of your index page.

Our Mission
    Playground Earth - This is our world. A platform for travel and adventure writers to share stories, reviews and comments about the places we travel, the sports we love and the lives we live. The mission is to build a platform where we can all publish our work, share experiences, get jobs as travel writers, and help each other with comments and feedback.nevadascul2007-11-5 1:13:18
  • Options
    dfernandadfernanda subscriber Posts: 6
    Thank you! I will do that
  • Options
    DGoodinDGoodin subscriber Posts: 6
    I checked out your site, and found it to be interesting.
    I actually travel and participate in what I consider an adventure sport that isn`t listed on your site; scenario paintball.
    Scenario paintball is a relatively popular sport/game that is played nationally in the States, as well as several other countries in the world. Members of my team and I have played at fields in the states of New York, Minnesota, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, and Florida.
    I`d love to do some writing for the sport somewhere besides an actual paintball site or forum to spread awareness. Paintball was a 9 billion dollar sport last year, and continues to grow.
  • Options
    stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member
    I like the entire concept. i would put a larger call to action and maybe simplify the home page, and add the "meat" throughout the rest of site. Do members have a central admin to add content? Here is a site, that has a similar concept. http://www.couchsurfing.com/. They have been doing well, and recently added new enhancements for members. You can cleary see the mission of the site and the call to action..join..is right at the top very boldly. Overall, it is great...Awesome job!

Erin