WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Financials in my startup bus plan

TONSQUADTONSQUAD subscriber Posts: 3
edited September 2006 in Business Planning
My question is simple. I am starting a consulting firm with 2 associates. I have prepared the business plan but, I need to know. What is the minimum finanicials needed in the plan for a startup? Secondly, does anyone have a template for whats needed ?
Thanks for your help.
Tony

Comments

• Options
    cugelertcugelert subscriber Posts: 7
    I think that would depend on the investor/lender you deal with... Different investors look for different things (I`ve found out).  They all look at the potential return before anything else, then loss probability second.
    In my case, I don`t have any financials in a venture I`m trying to get funded, yet I state it in my request up front and I still get investors that contact me for more information.  One day when the right one comes along, I expect it will get funded.  So you never know...
    If your weak in the financials, try focusing on how to entice the investor anyway outside that fact.
    If you haven`t already, try posting on www.fundingpost.com</A>.  Both are investor oriented and you`ll notice that each have their own preferences.  Good luck. 
    Hope it helps...
    jerik
    PS  Just be wary of anyone wanting cash up front in case they are brokers.  I`ve noticed that there are many who take out their slice from the funding itself, and others who want money now.  You`ll have to decide which way you want to go with that.
  • Options
    TONSQUADTONSQUAD subscriber Posts: 3
    Thanks Jerik, I will certainly be aware. Also I will try those sites.

Tony