WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Need some help!

tojealcatojealca subscriber Posts: 5
This is my first time Posting a new topic so I hope it goes well....

Comments

• Options
    cugelertcugelert subscriber Posts: 7
    All I can say is... its your business.  You decide at the end.  Your family has other agendas like helping protect your interests.  thats not always the best advice.  And yes, if I was in your shoes, I would pay the entire 580, than confront the bank myself and try to get them to cough up the money by showing the results that occurred by their so called error.  If they have any pride in their banking practices, they will pay for it.  Otherwise, move your account.  After all, whose to say they won`t do it by accident again...
    hope it helps.
    jerik
  • Options
    tojealcatojealca subscriber Posts: 5
    Thanks, thats pretty much what I did.  My bank did waive some of the fees for me and I have a call in to their bank to see if they will do the same.  It got even better last week, their banl "lost" my check so it never got redeposited, so they have even more bank fees.  Dont you just love banks!
    Thanks again,
    Tony

• Options
    SnowflakeManSnowflakeMan subscriber Posts: 3
    Good on you Tony - Taking responsibility can be an expensive step - but is certainly the most profitable route in the long term. Well done!
  • Options
    cugelertcugelert subscriber Posts: 7
    Yes banks are a nightmare these days and getting wortse all the time.  It seems that the bigger they get, the more greedy they become and less flexible.  Heck, 30 years ago this kind of thing was unheard of, let alone 2 banks screwing up on the same incident.  Wow, it truly makes you wonder whether your money is really safe or not...
    Jerik
    PS.  I`m glad to hear your decision.  Its good business and well done!