WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Distributor verses Rep

cstoutorcstoutor subscriber Posts: 1
edited July 2007 in Marketing
 We produce gourmet food products www.sonshinebedandbreakfast.com</A>.   Due to our remote location, we are considering employing a rep or a distributor to get our products to our target market.  I`d like information as to the pros and con of each or recommendations of one over the other. 

Comments

• Options
    lilooliloo subscriber Posts: 6
  • Options
    cstoutorcstoutor subscriber Posts: 1
    Thanks for the information liloo and nhgnikole.  Good information too.  We are in many shops/stores.  Some are the result of gift shows where we shared space with another (co-op) person.  Unfortunately the expenses related to participating in these shows were more than our sales.  We also have outlets where we called on them and got the account directly.  We feel this is the best for us, for the reasons stated at the beginning of nhgnikole`s post.  Our products  pretty much sell themselves, once they`re seen and more so when sampled.  I guess that means I hit the road.
    Thanks again for the great information.cstoutor2007-7-20 1:42:40