WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

GETTING MY DUCKS IN A ROW

CRYSTALMARIECRYSTALMARIE subscriber Posts: 4
edited September 2007 in Business Planning
I just scheduled an appointment with SCORE for Thursday.  Does anyone have any advice on what to bring to this meeting other than my idea`s? 
I`ve done a lot of work on my product & am going to them for the business plan/direction/market research/how to get their from here, of it all.
Let me just throw in a little market research here too.  If you had a child with diaper rash would you purchase a product that was a spray and had a claim of relief in 5 days, improvement showing in 2? 
If so what would you be willing to pay?  General price range $4-6, $8-10, $12-15. 
Would Dr. recomended make a difference to you?  FDA approval?  For or against all natural?
And why can`t I find the spell check button?  Sorry for the errors.

Comments

• CherylRCherylR subscriber Posts: 0
    I have no advice on your appointment with SCORE, but as a mom of two....
    I like sprays, less goupy, but for diaper rash you want a barrier, which you get from a thick cream. All natural doesn`t mean non-irritating, so that has no impact on my decision. Although having a Dr recommendation is great, being featured in parenting magazines is better, I`m more apt to listen to peers.
    Good luck!
  • SandraPSandraP subscriber Posts: 3
    Um...but back to the original question (I`m soooo glad I don`t have to worry about diaper rash anymore! )
    My dad was a SCORE rep and the more info you can bring the better, however, their job is to help you figure out what you need. They should be able to walk you through the entire process from an idea to complete business and marketing plan. They won`t do it for you but they have a ton of resources!
    Good luck!
  • CRYSTALMARIECRYSTALMARIE subscriber Posts: 4
    Thank you SandraP.  More resources would be wonderful.  What I`m looking for is a way to evaluate my plans to determine which direction I`d like to go with to start.
    Thanks Craig.  I have started a list of questions and am gathering together the info that I think will be important.  I just didn`t want to go in and waste their time.  Thanks for putting me at ease, I wasn`t sure what to expect.
    What wonderful advice from both of you.  When your on the inside looking out your perspective & thought process is so much different.  I really appreciate the information. 
    All of you were right on track.  My appointment went great, lasted an hour and a half.  This guy was very knowledgeable.  Not so much on invention but business and he had such a relaxed attitued towards it all. 
    He suggested 3 business plans for each of the possible avenues I have.  I`ve done the life plan here on SUN, so for the most part I think the different plans will help with clarity and certianty.  He also had information that pertains to me locally, which was one reason for going.
    It was an informative and encouraging meeting.  Thanks to everyone that replied.  Ya`ll were great.
  • RoblueRoblue subscriber Posts: 0
    HiI found this thread of information very interesting.I do have one question though.  What or who is SCORE?Are they just for people starting out, or do they provide services for all businesses?I am trying to find out if it has any relevance to my situation.It doesn`t hurt to know as much as possible.
    Thanks Craig, need all the luck I can get!
    SCORE is a part of the SBA.  I think they`re addy is .org.  They have tons of info and help for new and existing businesses.  You can set up a meeting with them or you can ask for info via e-mail. Check out their site, they may be able to help you.
  • robertjrobertj subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    HiI found this thread of information very interesting.I do have one question though.  What or who is SCORE?Are they just for people starting out, or do they provide services for all businesses?I am trying to find out if it has any relevance to my situation.It doesn`t hurt to know as much as possible.
    SCORE (Service Core of Retired Executives) is a non-profit entity and a resource partner with the SBA.
    Their website is www.score.org</A>
    Thanks Craig, need all the luck I can get!
    SCORE is a part of the SBA.  I think they`re addy is .org.  They have tons of info and help for new and existing businesses.  You can set up a meeting with them or you can ask for info via e-mail. Check out their site, they may be able to help you.Thanks for the info score.  This organization sounds very interesting.
  • superstarzsuperstarz subscriber Posts: 0
    The information that I got from reading this forums questions and answers was very useful. Just a hour ago, I was thinking that it`s about time for me to set up an appointment with SCORE.
    Now, I`m so much more informed on what I need to prepare for the meeting!! 

Thanks to all of you,
    Michele Sheffield
    superstarz.mstraining@gmail.com</A>
    SCORE (Service Core of Retired Executives) is a non-profit entity and a resource partner with the SBA.
    Their website is www.score.orgThanks again for the clarification and th website info.  I plan to get as informed as possible.
  • SidneywahSidneywah subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi Rob,I`ve been following this thread.  It is at least, extremely informative.I would like to know what exactly is your situation.You mention you were researching the thread to find the relevance to your situation.What is your objective?
  • SidneywahSidneywah subscriber Posts: 0
    Their website is www.score.orgDoes SCORE (Service Core of Retired Executives) actually provide entreprenuers with a small business loan, or do they just provide valuable advice?
  • robertjrobertj subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    SCORE provides advice and support but not loans